1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Replies section only populating threads started after upgrade.

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by tatergator1, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Feb 9, 2018 #1 of 11
    tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Maybe it's just me, but I've logged out and back in, hit refresh, etc., but the "Latest Replies" window that occupies the right side of most forum screens appears to only be showing threads with creation dates AFTER the upgrade. Just wanted to bring it to your attention as it doesn't appear anyone else has noticed yet.

2. Feb 9, 2018 #2 of 11
    Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just looked and see the Altered Carbon thread in Latest Replies. That thread was started last week.

3. Feb 9, 2018 #3 of 11
    Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
  4. Feb 9, 2018 #4 of 11
    tatergator1

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Sure, it's not definitively just after threads, but that's the bulk of what's shown. I did say "appears" to be limited to just after; the point, though, is to compare what's there versus Recent Posts | TiVoCommunity Forum

There's no comparison, at least on my end.

5. Feb 9, 2018 #5 of 11
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    True, a quick check does seem to support your premise. But also I notice that the right panel is populated by 90% new threads which get indexed quickly and have more activity. There has always been a delay in the right panel display of the last post and perhaps it's related to the length of the thread. Your link seems to get its data indexed much quicker.

6. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I'm having trouble getting this site to load. It says : windows received HTTP error message:
    403 (forbidden) from tivocommunity.com Do I have to buy the ad blocker? I've been coming here for years
    and I hate to give it up????

7. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    How were you able to post this? Have you tried multiple browsers/devices?

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I've been watching the Latest Replies panel. It does seem to be quite "off". If it was accurate, that would mean that there were only a dozen posts since 10am. That's not true.

9. tatergator1

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yep, something is off. There's an obvious indexing delay of a couple minutes between the Latest Replies list and the "New Posts" page I linked above, but well beyond that, the vast majority of "New Posts" entries are not in the Latest Replies page. New Posts page seems accurate, Latest Replies is just wrong.

It's essentially unchanged in behavior since I first mentioned it.

10. tatergator1

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    The issue continues. The Latest Replies list 7 threads as receiving postings in the last ~1 hour. In the same time period, the "New Posts" page puts the actual number of threads with new replies at 37.

11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have learned to ignore it.