Last Comic Standing - Season Finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by atrac, Sep 20, 2007.

1. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ok, I've only been watching for about 10 minutes. Carrot Top was surprisingly very funny.

BUT...and I mean BUT....what was with that montage of Ant being an as*hole to the contestants. Specifically, did he seriously throw that handicapped old lady off before she got anything but her name out? I hope to God that was staged (which would actually be quite funny as a hyperbole of his rudeness). But if that was real then I hope Ant and his toupee burn in hell. That would be horribly horribly cruel! Man I'm floored!!!

2. Dawny

Dawny New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    I'm just starting to watch but I can ff to catch up and watch the openers later. You still watching?

3. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Just finished it! WOW. I liked both comics a lot, but was quite surprised by the winner. I most certainly would have lost money in Vegas on that one!

4. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I was surprised too.

They were pretty evenly matched. I was rooting for John as he's from my neck of the woods, but I would have thought Lavelle would get a "big cuddly teddy bear" vote that would put him over the top.

Both the guys have a great future ahead of them.

5. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I was shocked that Carrot Top was the only thing I laughed at the whole 2 hours.

These people just are not funny.

6. JakeyB

JakeyB Member

Apr 24, 2003
    I'm shocked anyone finds Carrot Top funny, I just don't get it.

7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    So who won? I forgot to watch the last 10 minutes. Heh. John's set last week was vastly superior to lavelle's, though overall I prefer lavell's comic styles.

8. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    I haven't watched the finale yet, and I don't know who wins. However, as much as I'd like to see somebody from the Lou win, I have a really hard time thinking Lavell should win. He's really hard to understand, and he doesn't have very good timing on his material. I think, with more practice, he could be great, because his material is very funny, but when he's on stage, I have to work to listen to him, whereas John, I can just kick back and enjoy.

9. LeVich34

LeVich34 Active Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Annandale, VA
    I just dont get Lavell's comedy. Then again, I was probably the only man in America that fell off his chair laughing when Matt Kirchen came back with his "If a woman asks you up for coffee" line a second time.... to me, that was comedy!

10. dr_mal

dr_mal It's CWS time

Mar 21, 2001
    Abingdon, VA
    Nope, I was picking myself up off the floor as well. I think he (Matt) got booted too soon. His stuff was funny, but you had to work a little more to get it. Like remembering what he said 60 seconds ago, in this case.

11. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    this was the first season i completely watched and i really enjoyed it. With that being said, i was not a big fan of lavell. I agree that his timing is off, hard to understand (almost always out of breath) and he laughs at almost all of his own jokes.

12. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I think the right person (of the final two) won. While Lavell has incredible stage presence and charisma, his material is REALLY weak. Jon's a better all-around comedian with really strong material.

13. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Interesting finale. The roast was pretty good. I didn't care for Carrot Top, was a little odd. I liked both of the guys in the final 2, it didn't matter to me which one won.

14. DUDE_NJX

DUDE_NJX Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2003
    +1
    He was my favorite

15. mulscully

mulscully Member

May 31, 2003
    Malvern, Pa
    what was up with carrot tops face, was he in an accident or something. he looked as though he was wearing a make of himself or something...

16. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    He is very juiced up and has had surgery. I remember seeing him back in the early 90's. He was just a skinny red head back then. Heck, I even used to work with his ugly girlfriend back in the day.

He was HUGE, seemed like he could barely move his arms. Dude looked like he was wearing linebacker shoulder pads.

17. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I was thinking the same thing. While the show isn't in HD, watching it on HD NBC really made him look odd. I saw him in person years ago and found him quite funny.

Funny so many mention that Lavelle is hard to understand, that's just what the other comics said during the roast. I, too, was surprised he didn't win. But Reep did have better material. Good luck to both of them, actually to all the contestants.

18. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    [​IMG]

19. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    :eek:
    Uhh...is that a pic of carrot-top lifting wights au natural? ewww..

20. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I was shocked at first, but once I thought about it the results made a kind of sense. It's not a contest for who is the funniest person, it's a contest for who is the better comic. I think LaVelle is a naturally funny person and his "Roast" segment went much better and was much funnier than Reeps. However, having said that, I can see how people would think Reeps stand up routines are better. At least they have some variety. LaVelles stuff is almost all about his weight. So while I think the funnier person is LaVelle, I have to admit, watching an hour of him talk about how challenging (and funny!) it is to be morbidly obese could get a little old. :p