Last Comic Standing - Season 7, Whole Season (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pcguru83, Jun 14, 2010.

1. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

Advertisements

Anybody watching?

This show started when I was in college years ago and I watched the first season and really enjoyed it. I somehow managed to miss the next five seasons (and I understand it apparently even got cancelled for a short while).

For some reason, this is back on my radar again, and I thought the premiere last week was great. I was surprised at how many I thought were pretty funny to be so early in the competition. Much to my surprise, there are also two contestants that are from around here--one from Charlotte, NC and one from Belmont, NC. If fact, that girls name (Ashley Davidson I believe it was) that Fortune used in for the audience "section" sounds incredibly familiar. It's going to make me go pull my yearbook, as I'm almost positive I went to highschool with an Ashley Davidson. And Belmont is literally like 5 minutes from where I went to high school. There's also a guy from Charlotte, NC (first one to audition). He had my favorite joke of the night with the Rice Krispies that spoke Spanish. :D

Can't wait to watch tonight's episode. Unfortunately, the wife has the TV for The Bachelorette... :)

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I usually give it a try but end up dumping it. I haven't started this season yet to see if I can tolerate the comics. Are they still running the footage of people waiting in line?

3. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    They are, but it's not over the top. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how much actual "comic time" there was. Granted, it's been a very long time since I've watched, so I didn't even really remember the format, so I'm not exactly the best person to compare.

4. StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    I keep meaning to watch it, but haven't yet. I always chuckle at the ads, though:

Judge: (something along the lines of) "I can tell you're a competitive guy."
    Comedian: "Uh, yeah....it's a contest!"

5. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Gilbert Arizona

Advertisements

and that's the funnest joke of the season:)

6. Mr. Happypants

Mr. Happypants Bal'more Hon

Jan 29, 2006
    Who is that horrible woman on the judging panel that (seemingly) laughs at everything? I had the channel on and stumbled across it, only stayed long enough to hear her cackle like a harpie. I feel bad for any comedian/comedienne who has to bow down before those yahoos. Yeesh.

7. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I'm in. My wife and I got on a pretty good laughing jag a couple of times last night. I highly recommend checking it out after indulging in some recreational mood enhancers. :p

8. StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    Well, then I guess I won't be watching, after all. :)

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    There is way too much fluff in this show. They spend more time showing the people in line and the host than they do they actual comedy bits.

10. Supfreak26

Supfreak26 Go Cowboys!

Dec 12, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    I'm enjoying the season so far. The new host is very funny and I think they are showing more comedy bits than they did in the past. The judges are much better this time around, too.

And no Ant! (Thank goodness!)

11. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Really? I think they show way more funny bits and very few "bad" comedians compared to past seasons. I FF through fluff stuff though so maybe I'm a bad judge.

I'm a fan of Jesse Joyce, who they briefly showed last episode. Hope he makes it.

12. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    That judge with the glasses who sits to the left has a very annoying machine gun laugh. The host guy from the office (sorry I am terrible with names) is pretty funny, and low key. Much better than that nervous guy who sweated like crazy who hosted a few years back...

13. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    Jay Mohr? Yea, I've never been a fan of him.

I have never heard of Natasha Leggero or Andy Kindler before. I had to go to NBC's website to remember their names. Greg Giraldo I've heard before, but unless you listen to Stand Up on satellite radio or slacker.com, most people would not be familiar with them.

I didn't watch last year, but I don't remember the judges being quite so unknown before.

14. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I have to say out of all reality shows this one's fluff factor is a 1. Granted the hosts and judges are maybe sub par, at least we get a lot of content.

15. Trugoy

Trugoy Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Guelph,...
    Since Jesse Joyce writes jokes for one of the judges, Greg Giraldo, I don't think there's much doubt he'll go pretty far.

16. cmaasfamily

cmaasfamily New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Andy Kindler - annoying laugh aside - does a semi-regular bit on Letterman and I think is a "comedian's comedian"; e.g. well known and liked in the "trade". For my money he's the best judge they've had in the series (granted - faint praise) but still... I find him amusing.

17. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    They seem to pass a lot of people on to the showcase that I don't find funny at all. Usually, they don't get any better for me.

The sole exception so far was the DeStefano guy. The one that told the joke about bumping into the gang member.

18. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    was that the "spell axscuse me" guy (intentionally misspelled)

19. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Oh ya, that completely slipped my mind.

20. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    That was the guy. I thought his audition was bad, not funny at all.

I thought his showcase was hilarious.