Last Comic Standing Season 4 Announced

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by appleye1, Jan 20, 2006.

1. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...

Advertisements

Believe it or not, NBC is bringing back Last Comic Standing for a fourth season this summer. No word yet whether Jay Mohr, who was quite pissed at NBC's treatment of the show, would be back as host. Let's hope they get him back and don't screw around with it this time.

Link

2. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    It's his show; he's the creator and executive producer. He'll be back.

3. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    That may be, but I don't think he had all that much control over things. The rigged casting for instance (they were picking people for their ratings appeal, rather than comedic talent.) I would hope he wasn't a party to that.

After all that happened, I would think that if it was really his show, under his control, then he wouldn't be bringing it back to NBC. If you remember, he was really, really pissed!

4. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    It's good summer filler.

5. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO

Advertisements

I liked the first two seasons. I just don't know if I want to watch it if there is a chance that NBC will pull the same stunt they did last time.

6. FlWingNut

FlWingNut New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Lake Mary, FL
    I. on the other hand, found Mohr the most irritating part of the whole show. The guy is not funny; we muted or zipped past his parts when we watched. I do like the show, some of the comedians were very talented. NBC did hose it -- if it does come back the network needs to really commit to it and not jerk it around.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    To be honest, I don't even remember Season 3...at all...
    It is nice to see Dat Phan being such a superstar these days though...I guess maybe the one joke that he knew got a little tired after a while...

8. barrettd

barrettd Boomer Sooner

Jun 14, 2003
    Oklahoma...
    Some of the comics in Dat Phan's season were very funny, though. Dave Nordal (sp?) was funny and his back and forth with Rich Voss was good stuff, too. I also liked Todd Glass, but I think he was in the second season?

9. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Not surprising, it was definitely forgettable. Season 3 was really more of a "post-season" rather than a new season. It was like a playoff with contestants from the first season vs. contestants from the second season.

10. BenderSD1

BenderSD1 Soulless Land Whale

Dec 27, 2002
    Las Vegas
    OMG, I laughed harder at that than anything that ever came out of Dat Phan's mouth.

I was kind of pissed at how they handled season 3. I wish they hadn't rushed it, and instead just waited and did a full season with new comics rather than a playoff of the first two seasons.

This is good news though.

11. Dweller

Dweller Active Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Until I read this I was sure I had not seen season 3 at all... wow.

I am looking forward to it, thanks for the heads up :)

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    OK...yeah, now I faintly remember "Season 3"...that really should have been a much more interesting concept...
    There's been people I've liked on the show...Dave Nordal (sp), Rich Voss, the guy who won Season 2 and then seemingly vanished from the face of the Earth, Ralphie May (not quite so much for his Celebrity Fit Club appearance) and Cory...ummm...Kahayne...and the curly haired guy from Season 2 as well...

13. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Dat Phan cracked me up! That season 3 half arsed put together was awful! I totally hated Ralphie May and all his nasty negativism and not all that funny.

14. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Yeah I hope Jay isn't back. I have never liked the racist myself. He is a curse on every show he goes on. Everytime he is cast the show gets canceled.

15. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    That's Dave Mordal, Rich Vos, and Cory Kahaney, for anyone trying to find these folks live.

The guy who won Season 2 was John Heffron. I hope I wasn't supposed to spoiler that. :)

16. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    So, you're the one who thought Dat Phan was funny. :)

The only funny thing I ever saw him do was when he was on Tough Crowd, and Colin Quinn refused to let him do the Asian accent for his "Act 4" (their closing comments). Of course, as always, his Act 4 was about his mother, but Colin made him do it in a French accent instead. :)

17. JakeyB

JakeyB Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Jay Mohr is racist? I've never heard anything outside of his stand-up routines, did I miss something?

18. lambertman

lambertman Chris Lambert, man

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Ralphie May wrote for Jay Mohr's ESPN show, so it certainly appears that he had a hand in casting.

Dave Mordal was great. I saw him twice here in Indy after season 3 ended - he cracked some killer Dat jokes. :)

19. bigpuma

bigpuma Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Morgan Hill, CA
    I like Jay Mohr. I saw him do stand up after season 1 and he was hilarious.

20. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I like Jay, too. Though, prime time network TV is not exactly the right place for much of his act. So, I can see why people who watch him on Last Comic Standing might not think he's funny.