last 4 "Arrested Developments" to air Feb 10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lambertman, Jan 13, 2006.

1. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    according to www.broadcastingcable.com .. a 2-hr finale(?) opposite the Olympic opening ceremonies.

2. jpm37

jpm37 Rembrandt Q Einstein

Feb 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Another brilliant move by Fox to grab as many viewers as possible, especially for the "finale". Although, I assume they don't really care at this point. I'll be watching AD that night, and hopefully on some other channel in the near future.

3. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    I would not watch the Olympic opening or closing ceremonies if they were the only thing on every channel on the planet.

Now I know I'll watch AD instead, otherwise I would have read a book or run a marathon.

4. funbox

funbox New Member

Apr 5, 2002
    I would have offered to throw things at you while you read that book or ran that marathon, but I too will be pitching a tent to splendor that is 'AD'.

5. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    Ouch, maybe they are getting them back for the last episode that ran.

IT is good to have 4 tuners.

6. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    You have a four-way conflict on Friday nights? Dayumn.

7. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    I think I do. Sci Fi Friday, Monk, CBS (Ghost Whisperer, Numbers), and now AD.

8. bentleyml

bentleyml Unregistered User

May 21, 2003
    Moore...
    Well SciFi Friday is reshown at 11PM and Monk is shown again over the week, I think.

9. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    2 hours straight of AD, I think my head will explode with excitement!

10. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I can't wait for this to happen 2 hours of arrested will off the charts awesome. If the show never comes back atleast this is one hell of a send off. It will take me a week to watch all 2 hours enough to catch all the jokes:).

11. Charon2

Charon2 I want my TiVo Back

Nov 1, 2001
    Canton, OH
    It's going to be sad to see AD go off the air. I sure hope Showtime picks it up.
    We at least can get our Ann fix on Andre Braugher's new show Thief on FX. :D
    Good to see it will get a full 2 hour send off. Kind of sad as well, but at least we are getting them.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Who?

:D

13. funbox

funbox New Member

Apr 5, 2002
    The mere fact that they're calling it a season finale tells me they're not ready

...to decrease its value in the ABC/Showtime negotiations. The numbers do not warrant showing the last four episodes, regardless of when they're slotted. There's really only one or two reasons that FOX would do this. The most likely being the difficulty in having unaired episodes of a show you've sold the rights to. If FOX chose not to air the episodes, the DVD set suddenly becomes 100% more desirable and newsworthy. Its likely release date would probably be right around the time that Showtime/ABC would start showing new episodes. FOX does not want to help their competition by hyping up a show for another network. 4 new episodes in one night of a show thats essentially cancelled is not standard operating procedure. I think its time for us fans to start worrying about returning cast members.

14. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    Her?

15. funbox

funbox New Member

Apr 5, 2002
    Her?

16. 4inziksych

4inziksych New Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Makes me want to cry.

17. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    Can you spare the moisture?

18. bigcb37

bigcb37 Willing Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Falls...
    So Fox HAS to air these episodes, lest they lose money to another network beacause of high expected DVD sales. This gives AD the green light to rip on FOX on the show...awesome...this will be unlike anything else on TV...I cant wait.

(except the Simpsons who I believe have it in their contract that they can make fun of FOX)

19. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Tivomaniac

Jan 25, 2002
    Greensboro, NC
    Two hours straight of AD will indeed be a fabulous finale.

20. 4inziksych

4inziksych New Member

Feb 28, 2003
    I walked right into that one!