Lakers in HD???

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by gilberto, Sep 11, 2006.

1. gilberto

gilberto New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Ok, I am getting conflicting information regarding the Lakers in HD. I have an HR10-250. Am I going to be able to see the Lakers in HD this upcoming season?

2. lakerholic

lakerholic New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    I heard an ad on the radio a couple weeks ago (maybe it was a month ago) stating, in effect: "Watch the Dodgers and Angels playoffs, the Kings, and Lakers in HD - all on DirecTV"...

I assumed from that ad FSN and FSN-PT would go HD (on some DirecTV channel in the 70-90 range) sometime in October... but could not confirm with a CSR and have not heard the ad again...

3. gilberto

gilberto New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    I heard the same ad too. But it's not very specific. I wish there was some definitive answer to this.

4. gq91355

gq91355 New Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Valencia, CA
    Ch 95 has been showing college football these past 2 weeks (UCLA/Utah on 9/2, I forget who was on this past Sat). I also remember seeing some LA Kings and Lakers action in HD last season on that channel, too.

The score box at the top of the screen says it's FSN-HD.

5. bryanb

bryanb Member

Oct 26, 2001
    I thought the regional sports networks were going to all be MPEG4. I would think this would include FSN West.

6. gilberto

gilberto New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    I don't understand. I tuned to Ch.95 and I get nothing. Is it on only sometimes? And can I tune in with the HR10-250?

7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Channel 95 is the HD events channel. It comes on when D* wants to put an event on. Mostly it is sports (mostly a baseball game or two almost every day right now) but they also put on things like CDUSA and some PPV and other items. They also put the NFL HD stuff there when it is on (not all of it, they pick and choose). The FSN college games are there, too.

It is MPEG2, so it is available for HR10 with a (minumum) 3 LNB dish.

The guide data is very spotty. You have to check it almost all the time.

Sometimes the channel goes completely dark and you will get searching for signal on it.

I only wish they were better with the guide data on it.