Lady GaGa special

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SNJpage1, Nov 25, 2011.

1. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I was surprised how good this was. She didnt wear her outragious outfits and did a few songs alone on the piano. It was also interesting to hear about her going to a Catholic all girls grade school and how much she cares about her family. She also did a song from her days as a jazz singer.

2. Barmat

Barmat Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Livermore CA
    Although I don't enjoy her music that much I respect the hell out of her as an artist and the fact that she isn't a prima donna.

3. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    I liked the special. She talked about her family and her being bullied as a child.

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    She's always been a fabulous musician and singer.
    IMO that often gets overshadowed by the schtick.

I was happy to see how casual she appeared. Even the most chatty I have ever seen her is a bit... not reserved, but serious.
    This was more light hearted IMO so bravo that.

5. SNJpage1

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I agree the chatting she did made me see her in a whole different way. I think she needs to do more shows like this and maybe even put out an album of some jazz songs. She would open herself up to a whole different group of people.

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I had actually never paid much attention to her but once I was in a Sweet Adelines workshop and they had a recording of her singing so we could analyze where she would sing in a chorus. She hit every note dead on, better than the opera singer we had just heard. I missed the special but I need to find out more about her. Evidently she is Julliard trained.

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Anybody else go :eek: at her microphone during Bad Romance?

It had some kind of flesh-colored sheath on it that made it look highly inappropriate to be held in front of her open mouth on national prime-time television. :D

8. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Not Julliard --NYU/Tisch (better in some ways worse in others)

9. Dec 1, 2011 #9 of 11
    replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    On Jay Leno she was like..... dopped up or mentally ill.
    On the special she seemed like a very nice caring person that has intelligence and true caring for her fellowman.

10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    If I had to have a conservation with Jay Leno, I'd probably want to be doped up too...

11. SNJpage1

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Just saw her on the grammy nomination show singing with Sugar land. It was a great proformance.