lack of remote app for ts4k..solution found!

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by XRaiderV17, Jan 28, 2021.

1. XRaiderV17

XRaiderV17 expert wingnut

Jan 15, 2021
    ..I'm lost...

Advertisements

I happened upon this app on the Ios store of all places while looking for new games for my iphone..that said, I checked over on the google play store..and they had the same app.

see the below clickable link

Android TV Remote Control - Apps on Google Play

testing has shown that it performs perfectly on the TS4K(no tivo or google assistant button) but otherwise has complete core functionality for a remote controller app.

works on both ios/android devices for controlling the TS4K.

hope this helps anyone looking for a remote app for this amazing streaming dongle.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I never understood the appeal of using your phone as a remote control. You have to leave it on and prevent it from timing out, etc. and you can't use it without looking at it. So I guess I don't get the appeal...

3. spiderpumpkin

spiderpumpkin Say no to Hydra!

Dec 1, 2017
    I use it for entering text, passwords, etc.

4. XRaiderV17

XRaiderV17 expert wingnut

Jan 15, 2021
    ..I'm lost...
    that and its a darned sight better than using the on screen keyboard(assuming one doesnt have a blue tooth keyboard already paired)

and the app is an easy backup in the event something...unfortunate...has happened to one's TS4K remote and cannot acquire a new remote for one reason or another.

5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

I use the phone if I go from one spot to another. the remote is way over on the couch and im a good 12 feet away on the recliner. either i get up or I use the phone as a remote. not much of a choice there. plus when using the phone you can listen through headphones and use voice activation with some equipment

6. mike3y

mike3y Member

Jan 5, 2021
    How do you listen through your phone?

7. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I use the Roku app for my tcl tv. If you are using one of the apps you can plug headphones into your phone and listen. It does not work using an HDMI input which of course the tivo dvr does use.

8. mike3y

mike3y Member

Jan 5, 2021
    sorry confused. You’re talking about a roku device and audio be passed that way. This isn’t exclusive to Tivo.

As for HDMI input, I’m confused with what you’re saying.