Lack of BBC4 data

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by ndunlavey, Jan 21, 2006.

1. ndunlavey

ndunlavey Just a user, really

Jun 4, 2002
    Greenwich
    Is it common for BBC4 data to be there only for a week in advance? Right now, I've got precious little for a week today, and from Sunday onwards just 4-hour slots saying "BBC4 Television".

2. b166er

b166er New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Brit in...
    Same for me right now. I don't often look that far ahead on BBC3 or 4 so not sure. I can see data to saturday fine, sunday onwards is the 4-hour slots. Same goes for BBC3. If I look at BBC1 or 2 it's showing data all the way to the saturday after that (4th Feb). My last succesful EPG call was today at lunchtime. Weird but you're not alone.

3. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    It is usual for the main BBC and ITV channels to only have data until the Friday of the next week - the data would have only just been released by them.

So on a Saturday (yesterday) - the data would end on Friday of the next week (27th Jan).

But on Sunday (today) - the data would end on Friday of the next week (3rd Feb).

The data usually downloads over the Saturday and Sunday - so may seem be a day earlier then my example for some channels.

In the weeks before Christmas is was much earlier as the channels released that much earlier.

4. b166er

b166er New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Brit in...
    Yeah, but no but yeah but no but .... BBC1 was showing a week more data than BBC3 or 4.

5. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Because BBC1/BBC2 got downloaded on Saturday - but BBC 3/4 were on Sunday.

6. b166er

b166er New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Brit in...
    Ahhaaaaaaaaaa :eek: I always assumed that every time I did an update call, I'd get one more day of data tagged onto the end of each channel. Or if I did a call every 3 days, I'd get 3 days tagged onto the end of each channel. But you're saying an extra week are tagged onto the end of BBC1/2 on saturdays and for BBC3/4 on sundays. Well I'm enlightened. Good to know next time I'm flying on a sunday, I'll force a daily call in the morning rather than wait for it's natural time :D

7. ndunlavey

ndunlavey Just a user, really

Jun 4, 2002
    Greenwich
    Ta - today's call has pulled down data to Feb 3rd. Most importantly, Poliakoff's "Perfect Strangers" has shown up and displaced "Foyle's War" in the To Do list.

(Even better, I see that Poliakoff is in the Directors list now, so I can set a Director WL to auto-record for him)