L&O: SVU "Authority" 29 April 2008 S09E17

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

After the recent discussion in the Reaper thread about recognizing a person, I found it funny that I recognized the OB doctor's nurse by her voice alone. She was played by Didi Conn, best known for her role as Frenchy in the movie Grease...

2. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I was watching in bed, 1/2 asleep but as soon as I heard the voice I knew who it was also.

L&O has been good about bringing in people you recognize for small little roles.

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I was looking forward to seeing her after seeing her name in the credits. Good in "Grease" terrible in "You light up my life" (why do I know that)

Robin was pretty good. I have a feeling he will be back

4. betativoII

betativoII Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    I recognized her, but more from Benson. And I couldn't remember her name.

5. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

Speaking of recognizing voices, when they were making the phone calls to the various places (restaurant, lodge, etc.) I did NOT recognize Robin doing the waitresses' voice, but when they called the lodge I knew it was him doing the voice.

Too many "Mrs. Doubtfire" viewings I think.

I liked him in this. It was a role clearly written for him, as it had the usual "showcases" for him (doing voices, being a lawyer, standing up for a cause). But then there was the dark side that he could really overact for too. :)

I hope he's back. I love that it was left open-ended.

6. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    They must be bringing him back from the way it ended. He has really proven himself to be a great actor and not just a comedian.

7. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    Robin Williams has that very rare acting talent: That you can never, ever tell when he's acting. He's so incredibly natural and in-character.