L & O: CI

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by MScottC, Oct 2, 2007.

1. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    How are folks handling Season Passes for L & O: Criminal Intent? Its airing all over the place but new this year are First Runs on USA mixed in with shows that old. And does anyone know if they are going to air in HD anywhere, such as UHD?

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I have a FRO SP for USA, and a FRO SP for NBC with a higher priority (in case the rumors of repurposing the episodes on NBC come true, in which case the later NBC showing should bump the USA showing if it's still within the Guide Data range).

But it looks like NBC isn't going to be showing them after all. Sigh.

At least the USA Guide Data for CI seems to be better than some of their shows; I haven't had any reruns picked up. Yet.

3. sbelmont

sbelmont Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    I know this isn't going to help us but I see where D* lit up USA HD today for the MPEG 4 boxes.

4. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Wow...good news...

I set FRO recordings on both my DTiVo and my HR20 (HDDVR), and both seem to be able to segregate the first runs from the repeats...

I am crossing my fingers, but the guide data seems to be accurate...

5. Syzygy

Syzygy New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    A few days ago this listing appeared on my HR20's Upcoming Showings for Criminal Intent:

Ch.11 [NBC] Sat 10/20 8:00pm ... Vincent D'Onofrio ...(generic blurb)... Hi Def

I'm hoping that as we get closer to 10/20, the data will be changed to show the actual episode, and it will be the one shown by USA in fuzzyvision on 10/04.

Crossing my fingers...

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    much thanks!

7. Syzygy

Syzygy New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    Those thanks were premature, newsposter. Today I saw that the listing was changed to show -- not the actual episode, but "... no longer in the program guide." Also, there are no upcoming showings of CI on NBC.

The unavoidable conclusion: NBC is giving the shaft to all of us HDTV viewers who don't get USA in hi-def. I'll bet that's about a million people getting screwed simultaneously! Keep up the good work, NBC! :(

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, the other conclusion is they're giving us the chance to see more episodes of the show, which we wouldn't have if NBC were the only option.

9. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    (insert swearword here)

I forgot about L/O and that i just got an HR20 last saturday...arghh

i think it repeats tonight though.

so yet again, i will offer you thanks :D