Korgoth of Barbaria

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by balboa dave, May 31, 2006.

1. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...

Advertisements

This looks like a good animated show, apparently riffing on Conan the Barbarian the same way the Venture Brothers riff on Jonny Quest. Can't say if it will be as good or not, but it's worth a look. Starts Saturday on Adult Swim.

From the Adult Swim website: "In a dark future wasteland, the cities have fallen, primordial beasts have reclaimed the globe and thieves and savages populate sparse, dirty towns. Korgoth emerges from the frozen north, and his merciless savagery may be his only key to survival. Korgoth of Barbaria is an animated fantasy-action-adventure-comedy from Aaron Springer. "

2. stantonl

stantonl New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Eagle River, Ak
    I can't wait to see this. It looks very promising to me.

3. dmdeane

dmdeane sedentary adventurer

Apr 17, 2000
    North...
    This looks interesting, based on the Cartoon Network teasers (yet another reason not to completely skip all commercials); could be really really good, or really really bad. Anyway I'm gonna check it out in case it is good. :)

4. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    Is it like "Lothar of the Hill People" or "Thundar the Barbarian"? Does it have Ookla the Mok?

5. dmdeane

Apr 17, 2000
    North...

Advertisements

Hard to say since none of us have seen it yet. :p

6. Jun 1, 2006 #6 of 14
    laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    This is a good idea. A lot of Adult Swim viewers also play video games like World of Warcraft. I think there is a lot of RPG humor to exploit.

I put this on SP after seeing one commercial on it.

7. Jun 4, 2006 #7 of 14
    stantonl

stantonl New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Eagle River, Ak
    Season Pass created. I haven't laughed like this in awhile. Keep it up Adult Swim.

8. Jun 4, 2006 #8 of 14
    TheSlyBear

TheSlyBear Opinionated Walrus

Dec 26, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Meh, it had a few amusing moments, but I never LOL'd.

I won't lose any sleep if this doesn't get picked up.

9. Jun 4, 2006 #9 of 14
    dmdeane

Apr 17, 2000
    North...
    Well, I chuckled a few times, mostly at the D&D, Heavy Metal, and various Conan and "sword and sorcery" references, but I won't be too upset if this does not get picked up, either. Mildly amusing, but not terribly original or clever. Of course, this was just a pilot. If it does get picked up it could develop into something worthwhile. Hard to tell with pilots.

10. TheSlyBear

TheSlyBear Opinionated Walrus

Dec 26, 2002
    Austin, TX
    This is true. Were it to be picked up, I'd certainly give it a chance.

I guess I was expecting something as spectacularly hilarious as the Venture Brothers pilot way back when...

11. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    It kicked ass!

It was like the old Vampirella comics and I think I saw a denzien reading "Eerie".
    Hells yeah!

12. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I saw the pilot episode and since it reminded me of some of the more awful D & D games that I have participated in I kept the season pass. But it showed only a few repeats of the pilot episode and then nothing.

Was it that bad?

13. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    Dunno, hope it comes back though.

14. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    As it turns out, only the pilot episode exists. Adult Swim hasn't decided on picking it up yet. If you like it, drop them an e-mail. Positive feedback will make this a series.