kmttg v2.4l shutting down my PC?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by sybernut, Feb 8, 2021.

1. sybernut

sybernut New Member

Mar 25, 2018

Advertisements

Hello. I don't post here often and I hope I'm in the right place (i couldnt find an existing thread on this topic). I use kmttg quite often to download TiVo files to my Surface Pro 3 PC. It seems that, at least on longer runs ('many' files downloaded), kmttg v2.4l is shutting down my PC. This seems to happen most often when running overnight. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is this a 'feature'? Is there a more recent version of kmttg that might cure this? Thank you.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  3. sybernut

sybernut New Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Thanks for your reply. I was not searching for posts relating to update info, but rather to the shutdown problem that I've been experiencing. Would you (or anyone) know if that was a problem with 2.4l? Anyway, I will likely upgrade to 2.4p and see.

4. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I can't recall anyone else having a PC shutdown issue because of kmttg. I'm curious how you are determining that kmttg is the culprit and not something else. What's showing up in your system event log?

5. sybernut

sybernut New Member

Mar 25, 2018

Advertisements

So far, the evidence is (heavily) circumstantial :), and the problem hasn't gone away with the upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion, I will follow up.