KMTTG just stopped running

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Joe Siegler, Oct 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX

Advertisements

I've been using KMTTG forever. Can't even tell you how far back I started using it. So to my surprise today I went to run it, and it just didn't work. I can't figure out why. Nothing has changed here (that I did), it's just not running.

Now I'm aware things change in December, but it should still be able to launch NOW.

This is different - KMTTG is refusing to run. As I said, been using it for years, including the last 3.5 on the Mac I'm reporting from today.
    1. I've already tried reinstalling from a new zip download - no change
    2. macOS - Catalina 10.15.7 (current)
    3. Java - Java 8 Update 271 (current)
    4. kmttg - v2.4o (current/final)
    When I run it I get an error box that has a simple error saying the jar file can't run, but no details. It mentions something in the Java console, but there's nothing there. Error: imgur.com

There's no errors or things I need to acknowledge in the security area of the mac Control panel.

I'm at a loss.

2. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    ... additional. I tried unzipping a totally fresh new copy of kmttg into a separate directly, no love. Same problem.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    When all else fails, reboot?

4. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I don't have a Mac, but have you run it with that java version, 271, before? I just checked and kmttg v2.4o is running fine for me Win10 and Linux, but
    C:\Users\juste>java -version
    java version "1.8.0_251"

justen@xw:~$ java -version
    java version "1.8.0_201"

Does mac have file permissions? Can you run it in something like administrator mode? I don't know.

5. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX

Advertisements

Of course, I didn't think I needed to get into that level of simple. ;)

Yes I have run it with that one before. That's the most puzzling part.