kmttg and VRDS Config. Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by KLINK, Mar 14, 2011.

1. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004

Advertisements

What do I need to do to get kmttg to just transfer the tivo file and run it through QSF and AD?

I do not have decrypt checked but it still gives me a mpg file. When I use VRDS to fine tune the AD file and try to save it, it is a mpg file not a tivo file.

I want to use the tivo file so I don't have to transfer the metadata and CC info.

2. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    bump

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    VAP, link in signature, will automate what you want to do but it doesn't transfer the file from your TiVo. You would use either TiVoPlayList or TiVo Desktop to automate the file transfers into the VAP monitor folder.

4. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Thanks for the reply-

I had been using kmttg to transfer just the tivo file to my pc overnight, then using VAP the next day to do what I want to do.

When I have five or six programs to process using VAP, it could take a couple of hours to complete. I would like to do all that overnight while I am sleeping and just fine tune the AD files the next day.

5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH

Advertisements

If I understand you correctly, this is exactly what VAP is good at doing. Configure to do QSF and AdScan but do not check Autocut after Adscan. It will process (overnight if desired) all files through QSF and AdScan but will not apply the Ad Detective cuts to create the final output files. Rather each file is put in the "AWAITING CUTS" status. At your leisure you select each file (in VAP) and click the "Run VideoReDo" button, which brings up the project file with the Ad Detective cuts marked. You adjust the cuts as desired and save the project file. When you restart processing in VAP, it saves the file with your edited cuts.

6. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Thanks for that info.

I have been using either TVAP or VAP for over a year now and I thought that all the files had to be completely downloaded before opening your program. Now all is well!!

7. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    That should not be necessary, post here or in a VAP thread if you encounter this problem.

Recommend you use VAP only as TVAP is no longer being updated. (VAP does everything TVAP did, plus a lot more.)

8. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Thanks-

My problem was I did not read the Read Me file close enough. :eek:

I stopped using TVAP when you stopped coming out with new versions.I have been using VAP since then like it even more.