KMTTG and VideoRedo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Ann O'Maley, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Ann O'Maley

Ann O'Maley New Member

Jul 9, 2017

Advertisements

I trialed VideoRedo 5 suite and I thought it worked really well overall with automating commercial skips. I saw that there was a VideoRedo "Plus" available for about half the cost. I tried it but it doesn't launch or create the VPrj file. There is also no error. It just sits and goes with no progress bar and no file being created. VideoRedo Plus reads the files manually and manually scans for ads. Anyone know if it is supposed to work the same as the suite for ad cutting in KMTTG? I simply installed, applied the trial key and changed the path to the plus version in kmttg.

Thanks

2. minimeh

minimeh Vanity Phrase Here

Jun 20, 2011
    San Francisco
    I used to use the Plus version before upgrading to the Suite version. It seems according to the kmttg wiki that Plus still works (with mpeg1 or mpeg2 streams only of course). Maybe the show you are trying is encoded with H.264, which Plus can not decode. Have you tried shows on other channels?

I notice the following in the kmttg wiki regarding VideoRedo:
    So I wonder if there isn't some conflict in your setup between the two trial versions? For example, when you initiated the Plus trial, did that negate the Suite trial yet the registry entries still lead kmttg to the Suite trial which now does not work? Did you uninstall the Suite version before installing the Plus version? Can you still launch and use the Suite version okay? Just spit balling, don't know if this is the core of the problem.

By the way, I would recommend the Suite over Plus because cable companies have started migrating to H.264 encoding.

3. Ann O'Maley

Ann O'Maley New Member

Jul 9, 2017
    I left them both on there. I still have 1 day left for the suite trial. My understanding from their site is that they can both operate independently. I only do OTA but H.264 is the default so that may be the issue.