Kindle Fire HDX: Streaming but no download?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Thos19, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Thos19

Thos19 Member

Dec 31, 2002
    Rockland, MA

Advertisements

I received a Kindle Fire HDX for Christmas and was happily surprised to see the TiVo to-go app in the app store. After installing, I see that like my iPad, it can stream from my Roamio, but unlike the iPad, it cannot download shows to the Kindle itself.

Not a big deal I guess, with KMMTG, and the backdoor way to load videos. But I do like the TiVo interface when watching shows on the iPad. Too bad not on the HDX, which has better screen resolution.

Is this simply an operating system limitation? I would have guessed that streaming would be more likely to be an unavailable feature, rather than downloading.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    It is a feature not yet available. The tivo website clearly indicates that it is not available, though we have heard here that it is in the works.

3. qz3fwd

qz3fwd Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Not yet avaliable on Android likely due to DRM concerns/implementation, or lack thereof in Android.
    Dont you love how DRM gets in the way of legitimate consumers, yet does nothing to "pirates" since they have ways around DRM and normally strip away all DRM restrictions.
    Ironic isnt it......???? Thank you Hollywood.