Killjoys - Season 2 (2016)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SWFan, Jul 13, 2016.

1. SWFan

SWFan Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Kansas...

Advertisements

Didn't see a thread for this show, and based on the S1 posts, probably just need one thread and not one per episode.

We've had two episodes now, though I've only seen the first episode of season 2 as I write this.

I enjoyed S1, and the S2 opener kept the pace. The crew is back together and the mystery deepens with the Khlyen and the group/corp he works for. Season 1 left us thinking he was basically in charge. S2 is leading us to believe that there are folks above him that are even scarier.

We learn they make level 6 agents by injecting them with some green fluid. However, we now have a side-mystery which is why it didn't work on D'Avin. I believe in the episode they stated that it either works or you die from the treatment. Neither happened to D'Avin.

2. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    There as also that weird thing that happened when D'Avin was near Khlyen... Khlyen didn't heal.

3. SWFan

SWFan Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Kansas...
    Good point, area of effect.

Watched episode 2 last night. Another solid episode. No sign of Khlyen and the company administrator holding the city hostage is a real a-hole.

4. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    This show has gotten unnecessarily violent, IMO. How many guys shot in the head do you need?

As for the green stuff, I thought it had something to do with wiping their memories or perhaps something else, like their personalities. He "woke up" and was fully aware of who he was and was questioning why he was there and who they were. That's when they said it wasn't working on him. Was there anything show/seen about him not healing up like the level 6s?

What's with the guy who got gutted by Khylen? How is he alive? Reminds me of the young cop in Expanse who got nailed to a cement wall with a metal rod right through his sternum and somehow is still alive.

5. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada

Advertisements

Last season I preferred this show over Dark Matter while my wife wasn't getting into it. This season I prefer Dark Matter -- it's not as dark.