'Killing Eve' Season 3 Is Coming Two Weeks Early

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pgogborn, Mar 27, 2020.

1. pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Showbiz Cheat Sheet
    'Killing Eve' Season 3 Is Coming Two Weeks Early: When You Can See Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh Again
    Fred Topel March 27, 2020

Killing Eve Season 3 was set to debut on BBC America and AMC Sunday, April 26. On Friday, March 27, AMC Networks announced it was moving up the premiere to Sunday, April 12, a full two weeks early.

AMC President Sarah Barnett explained the move as a response to people staying at home in self-isolation due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) >
    'Killing Eve' Season 3 Is Coming Two Weeks Early: When You Can See Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh Again

2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    The news we need!!

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Almost makes this whole coronavirus thing worthwhile...

Steveknj and DevdogAZ like this.
  4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Now we need Fargo to follow suit (I think this has been pushed back?)

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It has...probably for an entire year, since it's set in winter, so there's no practical way for them to resume filming until near the end of 2020.

6. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Boo!!

Yeah, I know, just was looking forward to it, and now have to wait a year. Oh well.

At least Eve is back :)

7. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    NYT Review: A ‘Killing Eve’ That No One Was Asking For

For Season 3, which premieres Sunday on BBC America and AMC, the show has changed up its staff again, replacing Fennell with Suzanne Heathcote, a writer on AMC’s “Fear the Walking Dead,” and using all new writers and directors (through the five episodes available for review). And this time the news isn’t so good.

“Killing Eve” isn’t a bad show now, but it’s a different show, in depressing ways — less vital, more ordinary. It is still shocking here and there but largely devoid of surprise. A mordant and sexy comic thriller edged with terror has become a competent psychodrama bordered with sentimentality. The air has gone out of it.

8. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I don't pay much heed to reviewers since it's their job to criticize and find faults in movies or shows. Just look at the Rotten Tomatoes ratings for movies and you'll see a wide disparity between what the critics think and how viewers rate the same movies. I tend to lean towards the ones where both sides are in agreement. Killing Eve is a niche show that is unique. The relationship between Eve and Villanelle is such that it would have to evolve and change as time goes on so bringing in new writers offers a different approach to the characters. Whether it's good or bad is up to the viewer. I don't need some hack to tell me if I should like the show or not. Gene Siskel was the only movie critic I ever paid any attention to because his tastes were always aligned with mine. The rest of them are all just background noise that is easily ignored.

9. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yep, been saying this for years. What is the qualification to be a movie critic? Especially in today's anyone can post anything society. I've read stories where a lot of critics were just journalists who saw a job opening at a local newspaper as the critic. Obviously some are more nuanced than others (and that's probably due to their talent as journalists and writers). I read reviews to see what a movie / TV show might be about more for the opinion of the critic. There are critics who have similar tastes to what I do. So I trust their reviews more. But why? Only because we like the same things? That doesn't make something overall good or bad, does it?

10. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I haven’t watched S3 yet, but the new showrunner being a writer from FTWD is not a good sign for me.