Kickstart codes

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Rey, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    Does this not work on hydra? I've tried numerous times and can't get it to work.
    My green and yellow lights blink in altering patterns but still end up in the tivo home screen. Remote is in IR mode and instructions are so simple I'm not sure what's the problem. Anyone been able to use any of the kickstart codes on hydra?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  3. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    I'm not sure then why I can't get this to run. Those are the same instructions I followed. I've read post on others who haven't been able to get this to work either.

4. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    How have you been trying to get the KS?

To get to the KS, you have to restart the Tivo, wait for the yellow light blink and press Pause.

5. fburgerod

fburgerod Member

Oct 24, 2007
    I am also having problems getting the kickstart 54 to work. Out of six times I tried, after powering down, switching remote to IR and following the instructions with waiting for the yellow blinking light, etc, only once did I get the flashing green/yellow outcome and even then the 54 code did not register and it simply booted to the start-up screen. Why is it so hard?

6. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Bad timing?

7. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    Yes sir and have followed instructions to the letter. I'm finding out from many that they too have never been able to get to the KS. It's not complicated and my roamio acknowledges the code, just never goes to the KS screen.

8. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    Just got confirmation in the Tivo group at FB that the problem seems to be hydra so I won't waste time trying to do this anymore. Thanks for the replies.

9. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    There is NO HYDRA on a Premiere. Even if what operating system was on the drive mattered, which it doesn't.

-KP

10. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    ?????? WHO'S TALKING ABOUT A PREMIERE ? The only thing in common with the others I've talked to that can't run these codes is Hydra. They have bolts and so far I think I'm the only one with a Roamio pro that has this situation. Anyway, nothing to get all worked up about. I've moved on.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  11. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Well, you were...

Still doesn't matter what software is installed on the Hardware.

-KP

12. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    Show me where I mentioned premiere. Or do you not realize in what forum you are in much like how I mistakenly posted in the premiere forum the other day? I understand the software isn't supposed to matter. The folks with a similar problem in a Tivo Group page on FB are saying they used to be able to use KS 54 until they "upgraded" to TE4.

It be great for someone to show visual proof this is inaccurate.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  13. pj1983

pj1983 Active Member

Dec 26, 2016
    BFE NoVa
    I tried to run KS 54 on a TE3 Bolt with a 4TB upgraded drive over the weekend and never got it to work, as far as I can tell (never saw anything that looked like a SMART screen, anyway). I did get a KS 57 to work after three tries. I saw the green "BSOD" then turned the TV off; when I turned it back on after 30 minutes, I saw the normal TE3 interface. I'm not completely sure it worked as advertised given the warning of "This might take 3 hours" and the size of the drive.

It does seem like timing of button presses is critical.

14. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    Thank you for your reply. I'll try KS 57 to see if I get the same result as yours. KS 54 is the code others like you have mentioned they can't get it to run even though the lights on the front panel flash in the way they would when it's done correctly.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  15. fburgerod

fburgerod Member

Oct 24, 2007
  16. fburgerod

fburgerod Member

Oct 24, 2007
    I’m using a Roamio. But it just won’t accept the commands despite multiple tries.

17. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    I must be dreaming :smirk:. Are you dense? Your link is to the premier forums sir. Jesus, do you still not realize what forum THIS thread is in?
    I'm assuming you either lack reading comprehension skills or are playing dumb. Did you not Read my response to Joe in That thread? Tivo premier can’t get into kickstart mode

AGAIN We are in the ROAMIO FORUM, not the premiere.Got it? I realized that after Joe's response. I don't have time nor care to repeat this yet again to you. You've added nothing useful to this thread so put it and me on your ignore list. I'm trying to get input from others who can read and have common sense who are willing to help. I love this site and am not going anywhere. Last word is yours if you must have it, I'm too old for this stupidity.

Thank you to those who are actually trying to see if the KS codes work on your roamios.

18. Rey

Rey Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    Did the green and amber lights flash randomly after you put in the codes?

19. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just tried KS on a basic Roamio with TE3. No joy. Tomorrow I make sure it still works on a Premiere.

Rey likes this.