Keith Olbermann repeats

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sgreen0, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sgreen0

sgreen0 New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    I've tried to get a Season's Pass to the new Countdown with Keith Olbermann on Current TV.

After selecting New episodes only, the SP included repeats daily.

Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Thanks.

Stephen

2. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Use manual recording so it only records 1 show a day. If its on the sametime everyday go to record by time or channel then go to setup manual recording

3. johnner1999

johnner1999 Guest

Oct 26, 2002
    yup thats the best solution - I do the same thing for Jon Stewart

4. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Check out the Tupper Method. For "Countdown", it looks like these would be the keywords: "Independent analysis of today's news headline". The Daily Show's keywords are included in the link posted.

5. c-collins

c-collins Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Brick, NJ
    Keith mentioned in the beginning of Countdown last night that Current TV submitting new guide data next week to hopefully fix all DVR problems. Including the fact the show is 63 minutes long.

6. sgreen0

sgreen0 New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks, all.

I heard Keith mention the Current vs DVR issue, too. Perhaps they will change their guide listing appropriately...

Stephen

7. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Keith said he will not be going 63 minutes any more, due to the large number of complaints from his and Rachel Maddow's fans, and will just put extra content up on the website. Of course, he still might run long as events warrant, but as a matter of course, the show will be 60 minutes long. He also said the Current flag logo will be moving to the bottom of the screen.

8. sgreen0

sgreen0 New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    I just tried a Season Pass again, and it works! I suppose Current straightened out their listing...

Stephen

9. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    So far, so good, but the logo hasn't moved yet. Also, the listing for July 4th is correct. There will be a new show.