Keep Shopping Channels Off Guide

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ranorton, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ranorton

ranorton New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Arlington, TX

Advertisements

Is there any way to keep shopping and DirecTV promotional channels (like 227, 237, 238, 341) from coming back every day on my "Channels You Receive" list? It's really annoying to have the reappear each night, to clutter up the channel guide.
    I had the same problem with my Sony HD Receiver, but it was much quicker to delete them. With the Tivo unit, it takes about 45 seconds to get the Channels You Receive list to display.

2. DavidS

DavidS Member

Sep 27, 2000
    Dayton Ohio
    No way to avoid it. Happens with sports channels also, BTW. Best work-around is to use the Favorites list instead of Channels I Receive

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    But, still remove any channel you don't want or need from the Channels You receive list so that when searching for programs you don't see the ones on those channels. Then set your Favorites list to remove the ones that keep coming back.

4. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Or better yet, don't watch live TV. Use the DTivo for what it is intended for :)

5. apollo8fan

apollo8fan New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    Southern...

Advertisements

I finally resorted to this. I got so fed up with removing those dog-gone shopping channels.

6. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    For me its the shopping channels, the religious channels and the sports channels that keep coming back. drives me crazy!

7. ranorton

ranorton New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    The manual says that the Favorites list is limited in capacity. I have dozens of channels in my "Channels I Receive" list, and we use the guide to see what's on ... sorry, but we still watch mostly live TV, recording only when there's a scheduling conflict. Perhaps in time we'll watch everything time shifted. :)

8. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    You will :D

9. greywolf

greywolf New Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Evanston IL
    I have over 100 channels in my favorites lists on three different receiver types. What model says the list is limited?

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Typically the channels that keep showing up won't be used for auto recording of suggestions. But, other channels you actually don't subscribe to or want will. So, remove as many as you can and then ignore those that keep showing up. I don't use Favorites, but then I don't do a lot of surfing around. And when I do, I'm surfing in the guide in a few limited channel areas. I very rarely see the annoyance channels.