Keep recordings after cable card removal

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mstrbill, Apr 18, 2021.

1. mstrbill

mstrbill New Member

Jul 3, 2017

Advertisements

Hi;

I tried searching but didn’t really find what I am looking for. I am moving to an area where cable cards aren’t available. What do I need to do to save my recording so I can watch them, I’m not interested in watching live TV. I believe I have a Romeo plus.

Thanks

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Just don’t delete them. They’ll still be watchable once the CableCARD is removed.

3. mstrbill

mstrbill New Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Well I must’ve did something wrong because it’s asking me to do guided set up again. Looks like I can select don’t have card yet but not sure what to do after that.

same question for my Bolt which does do OTA. I assume I can just redo guided set up and switch to OTA versus cable.

4. radtechy

radtechy Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Just don’t do guided setup again. What the TiVo thinks is that you moved and have a nee cable provider and needs to update the channels

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Repeat guided setup. When asked about a cable card, check the "Install Later" line. It stops the nagging. Nothing lost. Just continue after you select the answer.
    This applies to TE3 and TE4.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    krkaufman likes this.
  6. jerrymc

jerrymc TiVo Tinker

Sep 17, 2001
    Milpitas,...
    I have switched my Roamio from Cable to Antenna and back several times. Never lost a show.