Justified S06E07 03/03/2015 "The Hunt"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by madscientist, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Mar 4, 2015 #1 of 42
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

Well, this was a set-up episode for sure, but I still really liked it. Any time we get to see Art, or Tim and Raylan, or, yes thank you, Winona! it's a good episode no matter what.

One thing I'm concerned about is that Winona seems to have given Raylan the go-ahead to stay in Harlan. I really, really don't want to see that happen. The last episode of the series should have Raylan going off somewhere else to live with Winona and his daughter, just like the first episode of the series had him coming back to Harlan.

I'm wondering about Boyd. He talks such a good game with Ava but he clearly doesn't trust her and I don't see that changing. Once she tells him everything she told Raylan and the Marshals, and he gets no more use out of flipping her, I don't see good things for Ava. Of course, maybe she's smart enough to have figured that out as well... I guess we'll see!

I'm wondering who the next set of bad guys is; Tim and Raylan decimated Ty's gang but there's still too much show left to go without a new crew of idiot criminals to be running around :p

2. Mar 4, 2015 #2 of 42
    midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    There's no doubt Ava is a goner. I knew when Boyd gave her the gun that it wasn't loaded. But I have to believe that Ava also knew that. Should be interesting next episode.

3. Mar 4, 2015 #3 of 42
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, she gave him the go-ahead to go where he wants, with her.

I would not be at all surprised if the events of the episodes remaining make him want to go elsewhere...

4. Mar 4, 2015 #4 of 42
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Agreed.

I don't buy that there's "no doubt" Ava is a goner...

Loved this episode with great Raylan/Winona/baby interactions and the "bring your daughter to work" day. And the tension between Boyd and Ava was palpable...reached a level we haven't ever seen.

5. Mar 4, 2015 #5 of 42
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...

Advertisements

Any episode with Art gets an A+ from me.
    I think the end has Ava, Boyd and Raylan in a stand off. Boyd has a gun to Ava's head and Raylan kills Boyd to save her life.

6. Mar 4, 2015 #6 of 42
    madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping.

7. Mar 4, 2015 #7 of 42
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    dang I love this show.

8. Mar 4, 2015 #8 of 42
    pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    I just can't shake the feeling that Raylan dies at the end of this... They've setup a lot of quotes with him saying things like "after this is over", etc. Hope not, but I could see them ending it that way...

no doubt! one of my favorites for years now.

9. Mar 4, 2015 #9 of 42
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    so where the ambulance guys EMTs or where they plants? I wasn't quite sure if they were more than EMTs.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They seemed to be EMTs who realized that Walker was a fugitive...

11. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah I think if they'd been plants they would have been better prepared (e.g., firearms)...

12. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I'm not too worried about Raylan dying. To me this just doesn't seem like that kind of show, at all. It would be really out of character. Plus, that's not how Elmore Leonard's books work. I know this is its own show, not based directly on any particular Leonard story (after the pilot), but... I just can't see that happening. I can definitely see him getting shot, though: in fact I think that is more likely than not.

I'm concerned for much of the supporting cast, on the other hand...

This and Walking Dead are the only shows on TV right now where my wife and I absolutely must watch while it's airing (we do wait long enough to be able to skip commercials, but that's it). The cast and the writing is just top-notch.

13. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    A tiny bit of a letdown for me. Certainly Boyd doesn't trust Ava but there was so much build up and no resolution. Sure it's coming but get on with it already. And while I know the whole Raylan as a family man storyline is important as the series wraps up I felt all of those scenes were time wasters.

14. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I could quite honestly see Ava living and Boyd dying. Raylan perhaps sent to the ER but surviving.

They've done pretty well making Raylan and Boyd equals -- raised similarly and in close proximity, both with Harlan roots, both skilled at what they do.

A nice showdown at high noon? Ten paces...

15. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The Elmore Leonard MO is always a large cast of various hoods, scoundrels and near-do-wells, the final climax scene with everyone in it, a double/triple cross and our hero smugly surviving. I just watched "The Big Bounce" which goes exactly like that.

That crying baby gave me an enormous headache. Thank FSM I don't have one.

16. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Good article here of an interview with Groggins about this week's ep...no spoilers of upcoming episodes.

17. pjenkins

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    haven't read any of his books so I'm hopeful you all are right and Raylan survives!

18. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    Has it been reported if this is the final season?

19. pjenkins

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA

yes, this is the final season.

20. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Ugh. I would have been so happy to see Boyd put a bullet in Ava's head. Would have made the rest of the season much more interesting.