Justified - S04E08 - "Outlaw" - 2/26/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ClutchBrake, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...

Advertisements

Holy cow! Now THAT was a hell of an episode of television! :eek: :up:

Goes to show how bad last week's episode was.

I'm not even sure where to begin.

The opening with Arlo and the former sheriff. Wow. I knew Arlo was faking but didn't expect him to get killed off so quickly!

Boyd playing Wynn Duffy with the Detroit hitman. Classic Boyd. :)

I feel so bad for Ellen May. I want her to get away.

Colt. Holy crap. He's going to be in a slurry pit before long. Curious to see how this plays out with Johnny.

Arlo's final scene... He was true to character until the end. I bet he would have told Boyd.

The scene with Raylan "rescuing" Boyd. Raylan's comment of "I hope I got that right." after shooing the bejesus out of that guy was priceless. Probably my favorite line of the season, but still behind "Because it's full of Mexicans."

Like Raylan, I'm not sure what to make of Shelby at this point. I want to think he is a good guy, but something feels off. Either way, I love Jim Beaver. :)

Loved Boyd turning the tables on the Clover Hill crew. Not so sure about him relying on God and the federal authorities to protect him from Theo Tonin.

I'll miss Raymond Barry (Arlo). He's such a charismatic actor.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Wow, Arlo.

Two shoot-outs in two weeks! "Christ, I hope I called that right." :D

3. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    great ep

4. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I love me some smart criminals..

5. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly

Advertisements

My prediction: (That I thought they CLEARLY telegraphed)
    Shelby is Drew Thompson. His wife "left" 25 years ago. Time frame works. And he asked about her and where she was staying. So it is his wife. Plus the guy who "could be" Drew Thompson looked like him. So it all lines up. That is what I am going with.

6. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I think the same.

7. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    You guys make me feel stupid. I never thought of that, but it's obvious.

Boyd's phone conversation, "how'm I doin on time?" for some reason cracked me up. :D

8. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    The biggest surprise for me might be seeing Mike O'Malley play menacing so well. Now that I think about it he played a great character in My Own Worst Enemy as well. Would like to see more of him.

9. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I thought so, too,
    but it would be a major cheat. It doesn't line up with "Drew was at the fair." "Drew hooked up with the county elite." Shelby was working at the mine.

I missed why Boyd had to kill the other guy, or for that matter, why he had to carry out the hit when he was going to blow apart the cabal that ordered it.

We will still see Tim finding out that his brother was killed - leading to a showdown between Tim and Colt. Tim wins.

I'll miss Arlo. That guy had a unique way about him, just like old man Crowder did.

It was, "Jesus. I hope I got that right."

"Well, Raylan, you're not a cop killer." Just one more body on Raylan. :rolleyes:

10. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I'm really excited to see the showdown between Tim and Colt. Better than Johnny vs Colt.

11. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    If I recall that was said by the Hill people right? They could have easily been lying to throw Raylan/Boyd off the scent. Not sure about Shelby working at the mine. Still that was within the past 25 years so once again it could still work.

12. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Tim's a 'by the book' guy tho. He's not going to go Rambo on Colt. He'll probably let Raylan do this thing cause you know Raylan is going to get into a situation where he has to shoot someone again soon. :)

Johnny now is an interesting situation, trying to get rid of Colt and Boyd while Duffy is no longer favored in Detroit. Does he go back to Boyd and try and get rid of Duffy and the evidence of his betrayal?

13. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    The "other guy" was rude and condescending to Boyd, so of course he had to die.

14. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I think it was more to make sure he had the attention of the Clover Hill guys.

15. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Tried to get wife interested in the show as she does think Raylan is kinda hot but she lost it and left wicked pissed at me once the Detroit faux cop blew Deke's brains out all over the other guys face and all.

16. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    I've officially changed my mind. Drew Thompson is the gone bad lawman in jail. That's why he killed Raylan's daddy to keep him from talking, not that he would have. Raylan will realize that he caused his father's death by telling the ex-lawman that his father knew who Drew was and was offered a deal to talk.

17. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    So your wife doesn't like awesome? :D I thought that was Tarantino level funny.

18. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    No, that was not necessary. Boyd more than got their attention by killing one of their cabal and by cutting off their state police contacts, followed by threatening them at gunpoint.

19. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    The "one of their cabal" is the one we are talking about. He tricked Duffy into killing two people -- the guy they wanted killed, and then one of them.

20. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    Not "we". I was talking about the guy that they were pressuring Boyd to murder.