Justified - "Full Commitment" - OAD 4/20/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Apr 24, 2011.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Wow, how has nobody (including me) created this thread yet?

Aunt Helen is dead! Nooooo. I wonder if Raylan will realize it's from the Boyd/Arlo stunt or automatically assume Mags went back on her word. This will not end well. Arlo was right though, Dickie made him. So why not bring Helen to the cabin along with Ava?? STUPID.

Speaking of.. How much do I love Ava and Boyd?? I don't know why? Didn't think I would but they are making me smile seeing them together. I just hope he doesn't get her killed. I do love him as the bad guy so much better than the soul searcher or security guard. Can't wait to see how Raylan reacts to this new couple.

Gary is a right bastard too. I knew he was behind that. I wish Raylan would have shot him. But I laughed out loud seriously when Tim asked if he did and then asked if he had shot anyone else. Can't blame the guy for asking either but it was funny all the same. And his bodyguard snark. And his "I love this shiit. It gets me hard" line was gold. Loved seeing a bit more of him too.

Previews for next week look nuts!

2. rgswff2

rgswff2 Tivo Insanity

Feb 23, 2001
    Austin, TX

Do we know for sure she is dead? I didn't see her get shot. Only her ask what they were going to do with her after they got the money back from Arlo and then it cut to a scene outside the house and you hear shots go off but I don't think we have confirmation that she is dead.

3. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    You're right! So she could be alive! I guess I just assumed the worst! I mean afterall, Johnny Crowder survived a blow to the gut!

4. rgswff2

rgswff2 Tivo Insanity

Feb 23, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Now based on the previews for next week, we are pretty sure as we see someone come out in a body bag and a few other clues but since talk about previews is considered a spoiler since it is a about a future episode we probably shouldn't discuss it until next week's episode.

5. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Wait, what?? I missed that! Going to watch previews again.

6. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay rewatched previews for next week and that ending scene from this episode and I have to say
    they show a body bag but we don't know that it's Helen, do we? She could have shot his buddy since we see Dickie in the previews but not him...
    We heard 2 shots, not really close together, so maybe Dickie shot her, she pulled herself together and shot back. Maybe she's injured but not dead! Probably wishful thinking. :thumbsdown:

7. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    hmm, kind of hard to get the draw when your weapon is along your side -- Dickie already had his pointed at her, and when she went to **** the hammer thats when the cut scene happened. If she's alive it's only due to storyline.

The writers have to have something really intense happen in order to get Raylan to go on a warpath.

Maybe actor's contracts are expiring and folks are leaving the show.

8. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I know. I'm sure she's dead but I'd rather believe there's a possibility she's not. She was a great character. I'd rather it have been Arlo.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I didn't like Raylan this episode. He treated Tim like crap and openly defied Art while knowing Art is really pissed at him.

Dickie needs to get dead quick. His sheriff brother too. And his mom.

I'm kinda surprised Dickie didn't burn Ava's house down.

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I agree about Raylan. I like him a tiny bit less each episode this season. I don't want to like him less so they best get this fixed!

11. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I've been away on vacation and just last night got caught up on the most recent two episodes. I'm confused about exactly what Gary did. He put a contract out on Raylan? Or Winona? Or was Duffy (is that his name?) going after Winona because Gary owed him money? I've seen all the episodes, and I repeated a couple scenes in this episode, but I still couldn't figure out what the deal was. Can somebody explain it to me, please?

12. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Gary had Wynn send his guys after Winona because he would collect insurance if she were killed.

13. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Hmm...well, of the various scenarios I could think of, that's what made the most sense. But then he holed up with her in his own home, knowing that they were after her. He really is more than your average idiot.

14. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    The insurance plot was foreshadowed at the meeting with the divorce lawyers. Winona was pissed because Gary was fighting over what appeared to be life insurance benefits.

Gary was hiding in his own him with Winona to cover his ass. He tried to call off the hit. At that point Wynn had to go after Gary too. Gary knew he needed protection but couldn't ask for it. His best bet was to stick to Winona and piggyback on her marshal protection.

15. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Ahh...that makes more sense. I guess I should have waited to watch these two episodes after my jetlag wore off.

Thanks for the help.

16. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Always glad to talk Justified. :)