Justified "Debts and Accounts" OAD 4/13/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiassa, Apr 14, 2011.

1. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Well we know the one thing Coover was good at. He was apparently the Gregor Mendel of Pot.

Mags' situation looks like it is going to turn into a Harlan County version of "King Lear".

In a "Dickie vs Boyd" contest, I'll put my money on Boyd (I know Walton Goggins is a regular and Jeremy Davies isn't, but still . . .)

Do you think Art REALLY knows what Raylan and Winonna did, or is he playing the "I want you to think I know more than I do" game?

I'm thinking those guys that chased Raylan were actually after Winonna, I'm thinking that they are "Dixie Mafia" types who are after her for something her husband did.

2. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    First, Great show :)

oh for sure.

yes, i think he knows 100%. and now that Raylan and Art had their conversation, Raylan knows something has to change as his current situation is untenable.

same here. Raylan will think it's Mags and go see her (in the previews they showed that) but somehow it's coming back around to Winonna.

3. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I definitely think the hitmen in the Cadillac were Wynn Duffy's guys. What I don't know is if they were after Winona/Raylan as a favor to Gary or to intimidate him.

The last time we saw Gary with Wynn he was offering him something. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

You know, now that I think about it, go back to the part about Gary and Winona getting a divorce. They were fighting over an insurance beneficiary. Starting to come together, I think... Would explain why Wynn Duffy would be willing to speak to Gary without kneecapping him.

Can't wait to see where this goes with Boyd.

I was super excited to see Johnny Crowder back. So glad to see he isn't dead. Did NOT see that coming.

4. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Boyd is one very compelling character. I was a bit weirded out by the scene at the end with Ava, which I think may be what the writers were going for. So unlikely, it had to happen.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It hurt *my* feelings when Art told Raylan he was a lousy marshall.

I'd bet on PeeWee Herman or Richard Simmons against Dickie Bennett.

6. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    But, didn't Art also say that Raylan was a good cop! I'm not sure I understood what Art meant by the two statements.

Gerry

7. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Not a direct quote, but as I remember it he said something to the effect of:

You're a lousy Marshall.
    You're a good lawman.

Which I took to mean that as a spit and polish Marshall he's not that great, breaking rules and doing his own thing. But as a good guy fighting the bad guys, he's pretty good.

8. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Most of what Raylan does each episode that's of note doesn't seem to fall under the duties of a US Marshall. Such as saving the girl, almost anything to do with Boyd, etc.

9. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I still think, when Art caught Raylan and Winonna in the cage, his only thought was that there was a little afternoon delight going on. I don't think Art attached any connection to the money.

Just a feeling with nothing to back it up.

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    My wife thinks, after the Raylan/Art discussion in Art's office, that Art doesn't know anything. And she thought Raylan decided that as well. The whole thing was so abstract that I couldn't tell who knew what so who knows? What?

11. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Wow, it's really odd and caught me totally by surprise how happy seeing Boyd and Ava finally get together was. I know I should be creeped out by it .... so I think I am creeped out more at myself because I thought it was kinda hot. :eek:

12. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I wasn't surprised or creeped out.

13. TampaThunder

TampaThunder Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    It's a little creepy because this pretty much means that Ava is gonna beat someone nearly to death with an iron. ;)

14. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    same here. it was inevitable given how they have been taking the storyline.

15. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I'm a little disappointed at how serial the stories have become. I'm not sure there was even a plot for this episode, just a bunch of mini storylines happening in their own worlds. I felt like season 1 did a better job of mixing in Raylan's cases with the season arch.

I definitely think Art knows Raylan was up to something untoward, even if he doesn't know exactly what it was. Raylan all but admitted it in Art's office.

16. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I wasn't surprised by it happening because as you said, it's been building. I was surprised at my own reaction to it.

17. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I think this was a transition episode. A number of stories have concluded or turned, and new ones will be kicking in. Once a season or so you get an episode like this where they transition. Boyd has finished being good, and is now definitely turning to the dark side. Same with Ava. Winona is divorcing Gary. Mags has made some fundemental changes to the Bennett org chart. The coal story is over. Coover & the young girl is over. We have shooters after either Raylan or Winona. And probably a couple more I can't recall.

They needed to bring closure to certain stories, and at the same time, lay the groundwork for new directions. And since so many are intertwined, or have A<>B<>C<>A relations, they do it in a transition episode.

Have faith!