Justified - Bloody Harlan OAD 5/4/2011 - Finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pjenkins, May 5, 2011.

1. May 5, 2011 #1 of 54
    pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    wow, what a finale! loved it. Art saves the day, I did not see that one coming... And Mag's exit - perfect. Somehow Dickey survives yet again, although I think he's bound for prison for a little longer this time around.

2. May 5, 2011 #2 of 54
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Fantastic episode.

I wonder if Art is now willing to reboot his relationship with Raylan.

I knew Tim was going to snipe someone in this episode! :D I kept expecting it when Dickie was going for the wind-up on Raylan.

I love the fact that Justified wraps up the major storyline each season. Very satisfying. I hate cliffhangers.

Is it just me or is Justified going to pattern itself after The Wire?

Season 1: Barksdale / Crowders
    Season 2: The Greek / Bennetts
    Season 3: Barksdale / Crowders(?)

3. May 5, 2011 #3 of 54
    thudtrain

thudtrain Fallguy

Sep 29, 2005
    Please tell me they are not going to go through with bringing a baby into this show. That would be a show-killer. Getting rid of Winona altogether would be an improvement, not saddling Raylan with her even more by going through with the pregnancy. Maybe we'll get lucky and TPTB will come to their senses over the summer and it'll be a false pregnancy.

Other than that, great finale! It got a little misty in here when Raylan was talking Loretta down. I really didn't want her to kill Mags. Shooting her in the leg though: :up:

Also when the bullet hole appeared in Doyle's head got a little cheer out of me, because I knew Sniper Tim was in the house!

Hopefully using Brad Paisley's You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive at the end of each season finale becomes a tradition, because it continues to be fantastic.

4. May 5, 2011 #4 of 54
    dwells

dwells Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Birmingham, Al
    All I can say is- absolutely incredible finale to an amazing season 2.

As satisfying as it was, a part of me was also a little sad that this fantastic storyline is now over.

Justified has elevated itself into one of the best, if not THE best, on television today. This season is one of the best individual seasons of any show I have ever seen.

5. May 5, 2011 #5 of 54
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    My guess is they have no need to come to their senses. Whatever they have planned, they have it planned and it will work.

They certainly pulled back on Raylan being the old-west gunslinger this season. Which, although vicariously disappointing, fits with this show's determination that actions have consequences. If he went cheerfully killing every bad guy who squinted at him, he'd probably be in prison by now.

Hopefully, next season they will carefully set up a situation that can't possible be resolved except through the use of Raylan as a WMD. :D

6. May 5, 2011 #6 of 54
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I hated the ending. Mag's would have taken Raylan with her. That would've been an amazing series finale.

And yeah Winona expecting could be a JTS moment. Well have to wait and see.

7. May 5, 2011 #7 of 54
    whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    One of the best on TV. Glad that it is coming back for Season 3.

8. May 5, 2011 #8 of 54
    ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    It has been confirmed for a third season. :up:

9. May 5, 2011 #9 of 54
    ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    That didn't bother me at all. Given what happened to Helen and Raylan's bond with Loretta makes it understandable.

Mags had nothing left. Doyle being the future of the family meant everything to her, and that was gone. Damn the money, and Dickie too.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I was a little surprised that Raylan didn't pick up on Mags' trick, though...she was pretty obvious about taking one glass from the row on the counter next to the bottle, and one from inside the cabinet. We obviously knew why she did it, but Raylan at least should have wondered.

Guess getting shot takes something out of a guy.

11. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Great ending to a great season.

Now we have to wait, ugh.

12. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I wish Dickie had been killed.
    I love this study of what effect the lack of genetic diversity has on a society. :)

13. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I got the distinct impression that if Dickie had died instead of Doyle, Mags wouldn't have committed suicide...

14. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Of course not...she still would have had a reason to live. But knowing that the Bennett legacy will only pass on through Dickie, well, I think I'd consider topping myself under the circumstances. :D

15. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Ultra realistic when Doyle got the back of his head blown out. Great season finale.

16. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    They dragged the last scene out just enough. When one jar came from under the counter I was sure there was at least one poisoned one. I was wondering how they'd save Raylan if he drank out of it. I was trying to remember if he'd learned the the other guy was poisoned. Wondered if he'd suspect something and not drink.

I have no idea how long it went from pouring the apple pie in the jars until we knew Mags got the spiked one, but I'm sure it was a quarter of the time that it felt watching it unfold.

17. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Now that is how you do a season finale! I too am glad there are no cliffhangers. I hate 'em.

18. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    Awesome show and ending. I hope he stays in Kentucky for season 3.

19. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Of course he will

20. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    I also think that Mags would have taken Raylen with her.

Regarding Winona's pregnancy, my first thought was that the father might be her current husband, not Raylen.