Justified and Southland are back tonight 1/17/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bob Coxner, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Just a reminder.

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    No need for this girl! So excited Justified is back on tonight but wish I could actually watch it before tomorrow. Oh well. :)

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Oh yeah, and HELL yeah.

Not in that order.

4. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    and "Raylan: A novel" just downloaded to my Kindle. Coincidence? I think not!

5. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    :D I have the dead tree version on the way from Amazon.

New episodes? Hells, yes!

6. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    YAY!! Can't wait for either one.

7. DavidJL

DavidJL Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Dana Point, CA
    I just re-watched "Bloody Harlan" in preparation. Don't usually like that country music twang, but loved that short song at the end. Can anyone sum up what happened in the last episode of Southland. It seems so long since I last saw it, I feel like I missed a season. The last scene I vaguely remember was...

Ben and Cooper? coming to blows, or almost, over his addiction problem.

Thanks

8. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    What I remember is Ben dropping Cooper off at rehab. Sammy decided he wanted to go back into uniform. Ben is no longer a boot and the last scene was Sammy walking to the patrol car as Ben's new partner telling Ben that he is still a noob.

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I've been sitting here all day trying to remember what happened last season. The only thing I could come up with was the one cop being killed. I have this problem every time a new season of Southland starts.

10. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    A bit more detailed explanation from Zevida's post:

1. Cooper's addiction to painkillers finally catches up to him when Ben goes into a foot pursuit into a building but Cooper can't keep up with him. It nearly cost Ben his life when he wrestles with the suspect on the rooftop of the building, but the suspect is killed when he tries to jump between two buildings but doesn't quite make it to the other side. Ben tells Cooper to get help or he'll snitch him out to the bosses. This is the part in the alley (after the suspect falls to his death) where Ben grabs Cooper by the shirt and chews him out, a role reversal.
    2. Ochoa accidentally discovers Lydia's young new hawt boyfriend is actually Ochoa's own son. Lydia had to leave her cell phone charging in the car because she forgot to charge it the night before, and when Ochoa goes back to the car to get something, Lydia's phone rings and Ochoa answers it, discovering who the boyfriend was.
    3. Sammy's ex-wife gives birth, and still being haunted by Nate's murder, Sammy ends up going back to patrol and being partnered up with Ben.

11. DavidJL

DavidJL Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Dana Point, CA
    Thank you all, it's all coming back to me now.

12. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the refresher, I had forgotten all of that until reading your recap. :up:

13. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Awesome. I can't recall if I had a SP setup for Southland on my current TiVo. I'm away from home, but I should be able to check my Now Playing List and To Do list remotely to see if it's there. IF it is, then I am all set.

14. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I thought Southland was dead. Yay us!

15. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I really like southland, but geeeez it's been forever since the last episode. I don't know if they will do a catch up, but I couldn't tell you how it ended, except the 1 cop with the pain problems.

Glad it's back.

Justified for me is realllllly good in marathon viewings so might be a few weeks or more before I start up on that one.

16. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Well I'd say that Justified tonight was worth the wait

17. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I haven't kept up with Southland after about episode 6 of the first season with the Hollywood actor from Saving Private Ryan. I have the first few seasons on the NAS.
    Will I be ruining it by jumping in now?

Is Southland on VoD anywhere? Amazon Prime, I hope. I'm shunning Netflix.