Justified 610 - "Trust" (03/24/15)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by getreal, Mar 25, 2015.

1. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth

Advertisements

Wow! I did not expect Ava to do that! Good for her. Her situation was otherwise hopeless and she was desperate, so she played all her cards.

For some reason I expect Boyd to survive that chest/shoulder shot.

Catherine is in deep doo-doo with Markham, but I also expect that he did not give up the entire $10m. I think Wynn will also survive to see another day.

This season is really trucking along! :up:

2. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Not only must Boyd survive that shot, he must be in good enough shape to have a showdown with Raylan in the final episode. There really is no other way this series can end.

So, let's list all the crazy ways that can explain it, and maybe the least stupid one will be true:

1) Something stopped or deflected the bullet -- kevlar, something in his pocket, or maybe a rib.

2) The bullet missed anything vital and just went straight through

3) Boyd had the first chamber (or more) loaded with blanks in case he needed to pretend to shoot someone

4) Ava and Boyd colluded to make it look like she shot Boyd, and they plan to meet up later to disappear with the money

5) Boyd will exhibit the TV trope of incredibly fast and good healing

I think (4) is the least stupid. But it still requires Raylan to not check Boyd's wound and to take his eyes off Boyd long enough for Boyd to escape. So still stupid, but just less stupid than the others.

One thing that I cannot figure out is what Markham was thinking. He knew Katherine was probably betraying him, and yet he appeared to pay up anyway. Does he really love Katherine that much? Or does he have something up his sleeve? He could easily have left out most of the money since Boyd only saw the top of a few stacks. Or he could have planted a tracker in the money, but that seems too high-tech for Markham. I just cannot figure out what he is thinking.

3. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    We ended up watching this in real time last night, and I said to my wife during a commercial break that I almost never see where this show is going. Next thing you know.... Ava!

4. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    Great episode, in the previews they showed
    Boyd in the hospital so he's definitely not dead (and as said, it wouldn't be the way they'd end Boyd - Eva only gets to kill one Crowder :))

Going to be an interesting final episodes!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  5. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

That's a blatant spoiler. Please add tags. Thanks.

6. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
  7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Nope....we clearly saw the bullet shred clothing and some blood showing...

8. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    I expected the truck to blow up as she drove away because Boyd didn't look in the second bag. (Or we didn't see him look.)

9. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I loved the name Limehouse came up with on the fake IDs for Ava -- Ofay

10. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I wonder why they chose to spoil that when it could have kept us hanging for a week.

11. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    How izzit that Markham had so much cash that he needed many shelves in a vault to hold it, but he could put it a couple of big bags? (He had to move the cash in in the first place but then he had the mercenaries.)

AND would he really give it up just to rescue Katherine? If so, Boyd could have taken Katherine at any time.

How about Mikey deciding to turn on Duffy without ever having contacted Katherine or Markham.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  12. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    My take is that the cash ain't the cash. The $10M is still in the vault.

13. Fahtrim

Fahtrim Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    Yet another excellent episode. Awesome show!

14. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    I don't get it.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Kind of like the n-word for white people...

16. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Look it up...

17. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    But we heard a zipper open and close and saw him glance at the second bag so we have to assume he saw money in both bags. Now whether its the whole $10M or not we, nor Boyd, knows at this time.

Gerry

18. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    That must be a southern thing as I never heard of that.

19. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Why did Markham have Boon kill Lo Retta's Great-Aunt, other than he was dissed?

The only reason would be that he wants Lo's estate to be unclaimed after he gets her.

20. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent. TCF Club

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Obviously we've discussed stupid explanations to confounding situations on other shows. This show is written at a level above those, however, so I am not expecting the answer to be stupid. It may not even involve Boyd and Raylan having it out at the end. Upending that expectation is partly why the show had Ava shoot Boyd here in the first place.

On that note, I love that they did this here. Totally unexpected. Great moment in another great episode. What an incredible season.