Justified 4/6/11 "Brother's Keeper"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 6, 2011 #1 of 31
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, I suppose those who've been yearning for more Raylan-dealt violence will be getting their way, now that the Bennetts are going to be coming after Raylan with blood in their eyes... :D

Mags' plan for the land was a lot simpler and more elegant than anybody suspected!

2. Apr 6, 2011 #2 of 31
    TampaThunder

TampaThunder Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    Who knew Coover was a professional? LOL

3. Apr 7, 2011 #3 of 31
    Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Hey, I called one right:

After last week I said:

4. Apr 7, 2011 #4 of 31
    sfenton

sfenton Active Member TCF Club

Feb 8, 2004
    Acworth Ga
    He was home-schooled.

5. Apr 7, 2011 #5 of 31
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I call smeek :)

Didn't see Boyd getting in on the action...crafty guy.
    Thought Loretta laced the blunt with poison...guess she isn't as hard as Mags. Old woman is serial, hardly asked after her dead son and cries after Loretta.

I haven't been paying attention to credits obviously but why is Olyphant listed with a producer credit this episode and what did he do for the credit?

6. Apr 7, 2011 #6 of 31
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Kind of cool seeing a big Lincoln Town Car take a turn like that.

This show made me want a Town Car.

7. Apr 7, 2011 #7 of 31
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    The possibility of a sixer and necking didn't have anything to do with it? ;)

8. Apr 7, 2011 #8 of 31
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Possible influencing factor :D

9. Apr 7, 2011 #9 of 31
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But did you notice the INSTANT she realized it wasn't going to work, the tears evaporated.

10. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Yeah. One cold lady. Great bad guy.

I don't get how the HEAD negotiater of the Coal company would not be up to date on the roads when it comes to a mountain they want to acquire. Seemed like she was blind slided which seemed a tad far fetched.

11. erk48188

erk48188 not hinky

Aug 16, 2002
    Canton, MI
    gah. recording shut off after raylan refused mags' request to talk to loretta, then mags saying let's go. anything happen after that?

12. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    He's had a producer credit all season. I suspect that is part of his deal (or an upgrade for season 2), to keep some control over the subsequent rights to the show (syndication DVd, etc). Jeffery Donovan has had a producer credit for Burn Notice for the last few seasons, it may be common on cable shows.

She wasn't necessarily the company's head negotiator, she "spoke will the full authority of Black Pike Mining", but all that could mean is she was told "Get these properties, and don't pay more than X dollars to get them, you should be able to handle it because you are from around there".

not much really, just a pan over to Raylan, who watched Mags and her eldest get in the police car and drive off.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Go! Raylan Go! Shoot some more Bennetts next week. I won't mind.

I had to use closed captions last week to discover what the hell the name of the mining company was. Everybody's accent pronounced it differently.

One thing I hated, hated, hated. Loretta, why are you running from a truck in the middle of the road? People on tv and in the movies do this all the time.

14. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    You can run faster on flat pavement than in gravelly shoulders or weeds don't you know that? ;)

15. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Trucks do have a hard time going through forests and up/down mountainsides and stuff though. On the other hand, if you stick to the road you might find someone to give you a lift. On the gripping hand, it's not so hard to be run off the road in a car.

16. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Also, those rural roads have no lights. It's hard to see where you are going - at least the pavement is smooth. Running through the woods in the dark is not easy!

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, much better to play it safe and assume you can outrun a car on good road. :D

Those scenes always bug the hell out of me, especially since there's no way they can edit it to make it look suspenseful. It just looks stupid. People CAN'T RUN THAT FAST!

18. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Good episode! Finally Raylan shot somebody!

I really thought Coover had killed Dickie. I can't believe how cold-blooded Mags is that her son was dead and she was crying crocodile tears for the girl she'd been watching a few weeks.

I wonder what sort of plans Boyd has for Harlan County. And what part Ava does or doesn't want of them. She's been letting him slip an awful lot after all that bluster about kicking him out if he didn't stay straight and narrow.

I'm almost a little disappointed Raylan didn't sleep with the redhead. I want him to be a bit of a dog. :D

I don't think that shooting Coover dead and stealing away the girl is going to do much to improve relations between the Givens and Bennett clans.

19. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Or even calling Raylan from inside the house!!

20. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    To be fair, she thought both brothers were asleep or zonked out.