Justified 3/16/11 "Blaze of Glory"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

That was probably the worst episode of Justified ever.

It was only really good.

It did, however, have maybe the funniest chase scene I've ever seen.

2. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    A race horse... I mean really...

3. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Not digging the wife stealing the $100 bill at ALL and it looks like that story line is not over. UGH.....

4. thudtrain

thudtrain Fallguy

Sep 29, 2005
    Jebus, Winona sucks. She isn't going to be happy until she gets Raylon fired, if not jailed.

5. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...

Advertisements

Agreed. Definitely the highlight of the episode! :D

Although the road flare line was pretty damn good too! :up:

6. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Season 1 (especially first few episodes) it seems Raylon shot everyone. :)
    This season he has yet to kill anyone. He needs to get his killing on. :)

7. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    i enjoyed it, not the best episode ever, but entertaining and some great bits , as mentioned, the bank flare scene and the "chase" with the old guys at the end.

definitely not digging the $100 bill scenario, they should have had her either take it all out and get arrested or done nothing, just not a storyline i think will play well, but willing to see how they do it - given the show's history of great writing/acting to date.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Given the hell that's set to break loose in Harlan County, I suspect they will make up the deficit eventually. :D

9. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Well he said a champion Arabian and while there are some Arabians out there racing it is nothing compared to the Thoroughbred industry. There is probably a lot more money to be had in Arabians in horse showing, though still it is near impossible to make money with horses as an owner. In any case, a bad idea!

Me neither. I don't understand what she was planning to do. Verify that it was a real $100 bill then go back and steal more? That seems so moronic I just can't believe that is the case.

I actually think the episode was pretty good except for Winona stealing the $100 and I hate that Raylan helped her and that it is going to continue next week.

10. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    +1 (each)

11. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Only good parts of the episode:

The attempted bank robbery at the end. The whole discussion, including "I'm guessing your the smart one here. What are you gonna do next. Good." Not direct quotes of course, but what I remember hearing more or less. Then the whole, "Do you know where I'm from?" sequence. Classic Raylan.

The chase scene. I just about slid out of my chair from laughing. Good stuff.

I too am a bit disappointed about the whole $100 bill thing and Wynona. And that it looks like it's going to bleed over into next week. Yuck. This season is indeed NOT living up to the title. We have to have people getting justifiably shot for the show to stay named "Justified". :D

12. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Absolutely. Him "stopping" the chase to go back for the oxygen tank was priceless.

13. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I would say this episode and the one about Rachel's brother-in-law were the only two in the series I didn't find riveting and as good or better than anything else on television.

Not a huge fan of Winona.

14. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I like Winona, and the chemistry between her & Raylan is dynamite. But agree, this was the weakest episode in a while.

15. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    are we sure it was just a single $100 she actually took?

16. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I would be very surprised if it turned out to be more than $100.

17. Queue

Queue UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Apr 6, 2009
    Taking one $100 bill seemed weird. She has some financial troubles so if she were going to take some she would take a lot. Not one bill.

Seemed out of character for her.

And I agree with someone above. Raylan needs to shoot someone.

The guide data made it seem like he would in this episode, it said, "Raylan goes on the warpath..."

18. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I don't recall anything that would suggest she took only one of the bills, only that she had just one of them with her in the bank. So she may have taken a couple bundles and was just trying to see what would happen if she tried to use one of them.

I thought the episode was fine, allowing other things to happen in the jurisdiction other than those we might consider the main story.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, what would be the point of that? She claimed that she just wanted to see if it was spendable. Let's say it was. She knows that she probably wouldn't get another chance to be alone in the cage...

20. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I don't know if she thought that far, but it wouldn't be hard for her to rig an opportunity. I believe the files were for an ongoing case / investigation. So she should be in and out of there semi-regularlly accessing them. And she knows all it takes is a phone call to the guard to get him to move out to where the reception's better.

How hard would that be to coordinate? (Or just wait and see if it happens naturally)

Still a stupid move, but I think she'd have been able to get access again.

Of course, the thing that I was wondering was: did that scanning system exist 20+ years ago? That money had been in their vault a long time.