Justified -- 2.17.15 -- S06E05 -- "Sounding"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN

Advertisements

Limehouse is back! ....and Deputy Bob! Can't get much better than that unless they can bring back Megs...

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I think they are making the bad guys (the guys trying to convince people to sell their land) too comical. How the heck did they get this far acting like they have?

3. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas

I was pleased -- need to wrap them up or prepare for a spinoff. (Can't see the latter happening.)

4. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I find myself rooting almost as much for Boyd as I do for Raylan these days. It's not cool to see Raylan bullying Ava so much.

5. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH

Advertisements

Highlights...

Constable Bob "I upped my ride game, man."
    Bob "Balls like Death Stars."
    "Aplex" a new scrabble word? :)

Any episode with Art being Art and dumping on Rayland is fun

Agree that Raylan seems uncharacteristically heartless in his uncaring abuse of Ava as a CI. The kiss seems exploitive, selfishly fulfilling those "needs" us guys have.

I get the unavoidably growing sense of dark dread that this series can't rationally end well for many characters we've grown to like over the seasons. I just hope that the talented writing team can pull off the conclusion in a way that will make future re-watching of the seasons as something to look forward to.

6. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    Constable Bob, so glad to see him back. But that tasing isn't going to work out too well for him.

7. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Loved when Choo Choo "slapped" Calhoun. Everything about Choo Choo cracks me up.

8. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Actually, it is very cool to see Raylan holding Ava to account. She deserves that, and a lot worse.

I hope Raylan letting her kiss him was him using her, and not him actually being seduced by her nonsense.

9. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    That was quite a breakfast Ava made Boyd....pancakes, biscuits AND toast. And that was just the starches! Yikes!

I know Raylan keeps pointing out to Ava that Boyd has no idea she's a CI, but I really think Boyd knows. He is just way too congenial. In fact, they are both going overboard with their affections for each other - very creepy.

The other previous scenes where Boyd was watching Ava sleep - well, I just think he knows exactly what he's up against with her and is planning way ahead.

10. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    When Boyd came down late for breakfast and Ava had to leave to see Raylan right away, I thought Boyd might've planted a cell phone in the truck with a "Find my iPhone" App turned on so that he could see exactly where she was headed. And it could've had an open line to his phone so that he could listen in on anything she might be saying while driving.

I do not trust Boyd's apparent trust of Ava. He's got killer instincts. That's how he's survived this long while surrounded by double-dealers and backstabbers ... like himself!

11. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    How about Rachel and Tim heading out the door of the motel right after Wade and Mikey left? They could at least have gone out from the room they were in. If Wade saw them it would blow the great move they made when they saw that Fekus was being watched.

I think this episode made me all aplexed.

12. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I caught that too. Not a smart move in real life, but inconsequential on TV because it wasn't scripted to matter.

13. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent. TCF Club

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    This is true; however, Tim did look out the window to make sure that Wynn was gone before they went out.

14. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I would really like it if Boyd killed off Ava. Soon. She's the only weak link this season.

15. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Last season I agreed - her storyline was such a chore/bore. This season though, its adding a lot of stress and angst. Her being pulled in both directions has been really interesting - and I do like Ava.

Hope things turn out somewhat favorably for her... really, I'd like them all to have some sort of happy ending. Such great characters! I won't waste time expecting that, though. ;)

16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Agree with this. Last season was boring Ava, much better this season.