Just when is Whitney on?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sieglinde, Sep 23, 2011.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    My guide says Friday but it obviously premiered on Thursday. Anyone else have this happen?

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    It airs on Thursday, but at least this week, they're rerunning it on Friday.

!@$# NBC Thursdays all need padding again.. But I didn't pad them because I wanted lots of tuners to sample all of the various shows on other networks. So I'm going to have to go online to catch the endings of several shows. (I've said this before, but on a S1, with two abutting recordings, you usually don't miss anything, especially if you use captions to catch the sentence over the gap. On a TivoHD, I seem to often miss part of a sentence, and if the captions are at the wrong time, they sometimes don't help.)

3. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Actually, there is not single show, on a single network that I don't have trouble with anymore, especially if we're talking about catching everything including previews and credits. It seems all TV shows and all networks have become NON-DVR friendly.

4. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Well, PBS shows.. since they always end early.. and I can't think of ever seeing one start early. (I am ignoring pledge break times, though even then, I can't think of one going OVER its scheduled time in a verrry long time.)

Though I'm mostly joking.. and I do tend to pad: History, Discovery, NBC, ABC.. I think CBS is usually fine, though now I am vaguely remembering that CBS Mon (I guess the only thing I regularly record on CBS) has to be padded too..

5. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Yeah, that's true about PBS. I don't have trouble with NOVA. I should not have trouble with "Prohibition".

I always have trouble with whatever I record on HISTORY Channel.

Whitney, I caught on E! I think, but if I get a season pass, it's going to be a challenge. I'd have to pad it. What's the rule about "soft pad" vs. a "hard pad"?

6. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    There is no soft padding on Tivos... you can turn on the 'overlap protection' or whatever they call it, which allows the lower priority show to record if it's clipped by up to 5 minutes.

I mostly dislike this feature, but have it turned on for the late night talk shows. Other than that, *almost* always I manually go and un-clip shows that would have been clipped (either cancel the recording and find a later one, or just cancel them -- I want the whole show, not the whole show - 3 minutes.)

7. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    I had thought someone had come with some mathematical/programming method to do something in the code, but I can't find that thread anymore.... Oh well!

8. Rogerallen

Rogerallen New Member

Apr 15, 2008
    ACtually its both...they are re-airing on Fridays

9. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Maybe this was an old S1 hack...?