Just received V14.9.2 for the Premiere (not the Elite)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by lessd, Nov 19, 2011.

1. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Got software update 14.9.2 last night on my TPXL. In the small amount of time I checked it out I found only two things, the menu for MRV has changed to one line and MRS was not activated as the 3 other TPs did not get the update. The other was a bug, as I could not delete any program that I had put on my TPXL with MRV just using the clear key on the remote, to delete the program I had to select the program and go down the menu to the delete option, a pain. Programs that I recorded on the TiVo itself would still delete with the clear key. If anybody got this update I would like confermation on the delete bug than I will call TiVo.
    If the HD UI was faster I could not tell, but I normally use the SD UI, also after installing the update I got a message that I had no program data, but I did have program data out to Dec. 1st.

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    What do you mean the MRV menu has changed to one line?

Also as far as the delete bug, I believe the Elite has this same issue and has since launch. I delete mostly through the iPad app though so I haven't tested it since then.

3. CubsWin

CubsWin Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I got this last night on my Premiere. If the 2nd core has been enabled, the HDUI sure doesn't feel any more responsive to me.

4. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    I also received software version: 14.9.2-01-2-748 on Thursday afternoon. I had the "Pending Restart" and it took a good 30 minutes or a bit longer to install. The received message my Guide Data ran out and had to Reconnect to TIVO service now. So far so good.

5. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    When one went to xfer a program into the TP the menu had 3 lines (3 choices), now (with 14.9.2) it has only one line (1 choice) Xfer. You can still use the back arrow to cancel out so it is not any problem.

6. Scooter80

Scooter80 New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    I have the new update on my PXL now and I seem to have lost some remote functionality with it. Specifically I can no longer return to play with a fourth push of the FFW button after fast-forwarding. I MUST press play to return to play. A minor gripe, I guess. But after many years of using TiVo and still having a S3 that acts like a good ol' TiVo, a change like this is unwelcome indeed! I ran through a whole 1 hr show at warp 3 before I figured out the remote hadn't just stopped responding like the well-known problem.

Anyone else have this issue? I restarted the box thinking it was a glitch, but no change. Bonus is that the update has enabled the second CPU core and the reboot went very quickly!

Also some of the SDUI screens that had been polished up a bit have now reverted to looking like the 90's again. Way to go TiVo with another update that seems to break more than it fixes.

7. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I also noticed that the red crossed-out circle is not shown for copy protected recordings when viewing another TiVo's NPL. When selecting one of these, there are no options shown at the bottom, but left does take you back out to the episode list.

8. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm guessing they removed the red icon in anticipation of streaming. They can probably enable MRS remotely. Perhaps they are waiting until a full rollout and will then enable MRS.

9. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Yeah the 4 button presses is something I found on the Elite so it must just be part of the update. You should get the bong sound effect if you try to hit the button a fourth time. i definitely prefer it the other way.

10. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Also noticed that they removed the remote delete option in the new build.

11. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Using my updated Premier to view shows on my Elite (or vica versa) I have the remote delete capability. It now works on the Elite with 14.9.2, before it would hang.

12. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Hmm... I guess this is due to my Premiere being on 14.8. Thanks for the info!
    ~Sam

13. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Well, I have a Premier still on 14.8 and when I view the shows on my Elite the remote delete is still available.

14. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Personally I love this change as pressing FF multiple times doesn't always register properly and before I would end up overshooting 3 presses and would have to start over. Now I don't have to worry how many times I'm pressing FF to get to 3x. I always used play to resume normal speed anyway so no change in habit to get used to.

15. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Really? I don't think that should go away. It may require both client & host to be on same/newer software build to work.

16. r11roadster

r11roadster High templar

Oct 23, 2006
    Anybody else's channel listings all borked up? I now have duplicate and even pentuplate(is that a word) copies of my channels in the guide and channel list. selecting any of the multiple channels takes me to the correct channel. it makes surfing a PITA but is seems to be working otherwise. unplugging the TA clears this up but it returns soon as the TA is plugged back in. Also with the TA plugged in the test channels on the CC shows no channels available. Testing the channels on the TA also has the same multiple channel issue. This started with the new software update.

17. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Might be worth rerunning guided setup just to resync your channel listings and provider.

18. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Or just force an update. This release is known to bork guide data until you get new guide data.

19. greensky

greensky Member

Mar 3, 2010
    I must have just got 14.9.2-01-2-748 too. I noticed today that when I resume a program it forgets where I left off and starts playing from the beginning of the program. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any idea what I can do to fix it?

20. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I have the same problem but the other TiVos are still on V14.8c, I will have to try this out on my old Series 2.