Just purchased a D* HR10-250 and have a question??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by andretti99, Jan 3, 2006.

1. andretti99

andretti99 andretti99

Mar 7, 2005
    chino,ca
    I just purchased a HD Tivo (HR10-250) from bestbuy with my $300.00 gift card. I have been reading posts about other HR10-250 owners complaining of their units locking up, or running slow. So far out of the box mine is working fine with no problems. I did notice that sometimes the unit slows down after I finnish editing my channel lists. Is my unit in time going to have problems?? Is the DTV Dvr Plus better than the HR10-250?? :thumbsdown:

2. flmgrip

flmgrip New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    los angeles, CA
    don't panic. the 10-250 is a great unit. enjoy the HD when YOU want and you also have a one year warranty. this unit is right now the only one to record HD...

3. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Giddy Up!

May 28, 2003
    Chandler, AZ
    The HR10 does tend to run a little slower than DTivo units running the newer Tivo software (4.x or 6.2). The HD units are stuck in a time warp running 3.1.5x which has slow guides. If you have a unit running 6.2 you will notice the difference but it has nothing to do with your unit having any problems. I just got one before Christmas and love it. I have switched to the Tivo format guide just due to the speed and as I use that guide more, I'm liking it more than the DTV Grid.

The DTV DVR Plus (R15) isn't HD and isn't Tivo. I've heard some talk it has a few problems but I don't have one.

4. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    What you may run into over time, since the HR10-250 is stuck on the 3.x software version, is the same thing my series 1 Directivos had happen. Setting up recordings and season passes take longer and longer(you get stuck at the "Please Wait" prompt for several minutes). It occurs as you begin to pile up recordings and thumb ratings and such. You probably won't see any real effects of this tho, for some time tho(many months, if not a year).

5. andretti99

andretti99 andretti99

Mar 7, 2005
    chino,ca
    Thanks for your responses to my thread!!! I now feel a little better that i purchased a good unit. As for the DTV guide vs. Tivo's guide, yes the tivo guide I noticed that it is faster than the DTV grid guide, so I just use that one. I love the HD programing!!! i wish there where some more channels in HD to watch tho, but other than that it is a great unit...