Just got a Bolt. One question about recordings.

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by thisisjason, Nov 8, 2017.

1. thisisjason

thisisjason New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Just set up a Bolt+, along with two minis with Charter (Spectrum whatever they are calling themselves now). Did it myself and it was pretty easy, everything works. Charters HD picture seems much better than DirecTV (which I switched from). That 'skip' mode is great.

On recordings themselves, everything I have watched still states "new" by it. Is this a glitch or will it go away after a few days? Something I need to do in settings?

Thanks!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Welcome. That "new" won't last. TiVo takes anything within the last 28 days as "new". In effect, new to your TiVo. Also expect a message from TiVo every four days for a few weeks telling you how great your TiVo works.

As for settings, feel free to ask. My only suggestion is to set your recording defaults. I prefer keep at most: all. It avoids yellow dots. You'll see. Set the HD option to "if possible", and recording only unless you want to see upcoming stuff on a streaming service.

3. thisisjason

thisisjason New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. One other question that on something that just started today. I have been getting a V66 error message on my minis (unable to display any TV channels). The cable is good from the jack to the TiVo and the cable card seems to be working fine (able to record six things), and thats what the message says. Unplugging and plugging the minis back in works, but that few minutes of reboot is getting annoying fast. Anything else I can do?

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Start here -> V66 error - promoted to its own thread

Don't take this wrong, but in the upper right area of every forum, there is a box marked Search. If you learn to use it, you can save a lot of time and learn a lot of information. It's how I found that link. I don't use Hydra.