Just curious how many people are quitting The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SeanC, Oct 26, 2016.

Are you still watching The Walking Dead?

1. I am still watching

121 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. I quit after watching S7E1

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. I quit during season 6

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. I quit during season 5

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. I quit during season 4

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. I quit during season 3

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. I quit during season 2

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. I quit during season 1

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  9. I quit before season 1

14 vote(s)
    7.9%
  10. I wish I could quit my iPhone

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace

Advertisements

Just curious.

2. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Wow, the poll function is SO much better in this software.

3. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    But you put it in Happy Hour... :cool:

4. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Gahhhh, thanks for moving. :)

5. abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013

Advertisements

I tried to quit after last year's finale, but the wife talked me into the premiere. I am done with it. Not because of any lines being crossed or gore or anything like that, and certainly not because of Glenn, but just because I find it very tedious to get through. I get invested in TV shows, but with The Walking Dead I just do not care what happens to any of these people. They never seem real.

6. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I had to look around to see when I quit. It was after the 4th mid-season finale. So, I quit 2.5 seasons ago. I have the intention of going back to it, but who knows if that will ever happen. I have 100 shows on a list of shows I want to watch.

7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I would quit before watching the premiere, but I think my wife is still really into it. I just feel like it's never going to go anywhere I care about.

8. jakerock

jakerock Hey ho howdy!

Dec 9, 2002
    Lee, NH
    We haven't watched the season start yet and I'm not sure that I want to. That will depend on my wife. I haven't been as interested the last season or so. Knowing what little I do about the premiere, I don't feel inclined to watch it.

9. dcushing

dcushing Active Member TCF Club

Sep 25, 2001
    Lake Balboa, CA
    Having read the comics (and still do), I have a good idea where the show is going and I look forward to what is coming. I will stay with it until the whole world is zombies.

sunnyworld and lynncosbm like this.
  10. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Definitely not quitting!

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'll keep watching, but I'm not sure why. I've been largely bored with the storyline for a couple seasons, and I don't enjoy their pathological need to incorporate at least one scene of gratuitous zombie slashing in every episode. I guess I'm just interested to see where the story goes, even though I'm not really liking it that much.

robojerk likes this.
  12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Not quitting yet, but definitely losing interest.

13. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Still watching, but sometimes I find it a grind.

14. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
  15. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I think that was bout when I quit as well.
    It was around the time I decided to finally pull the plug on DirecTV, may have even been earlier.

phox

16. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Anyone who saw last season's finale knew what they were in for. The expectations were built in. All that was required was to look away at key moments.

I was closer to quitting after the first couple of seasons. My frustration then, which is starting to resurface now, was they need to move the story towards a global-wide story endgame. They hinted at that early in the series with the visit to th CDC but abandoned it. Instead we got stuck in this endless cycle of the group microcosm looking for a safe place to live only to run into some evil dude(s)... over and over and over again. So boring. Time for them to go in a different story direction and lay the groundwork for wrapping up the series with some big picture insights about the plague.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I'm still watching but agree with getting out of the area. Not saying they need to get on a boat but they do need to venture out more. "Fear" can hand the Southwest but how are folks managing up north?

18. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Definitely not quitting - TV is BEYOND dire for me at the moment, and the premier had me interested enough to see where they're gonna go from here. To be honest, most people are complaining about the violent and insanity of the episode but personally I felt a MAJOR throwdown like that was necessary to shake things up. For six seasons it's been Rick and his group running into a group of people lead by some mastermind bad guy who they eventually , rather easily, take down. But Negan represents something WAY bigger than what they've dealt with before, so at least it's a shift.

My TV drought is probably the biggest reason I'm glad it's back. I had The Last Ship over the summer and then started Ray Donovan but as soon as I got bored of that Luke Cage came out so I spent a couple of weeks on that. Now I'm back to "regular" TV and it's horrible. Designated Survivor is OK but nowhere near exciting for me. FTWD was basically me watching and hoping everyone on the cast got beat to death every episode. So now with TWD back at least it's something.

19. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Totally agree here. I liked that Revolution talked, and even Z Nation talks, about the world besides just our group of survivors. Bigger picture. Sad when I point out Revolution and Z Nation as positive examples!

20. SonicCookie

SonicCookie Member

Oct 28, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Don't plan to quit in the foreseeable future.