Just 1 channel drops on TWC and of course...

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Restlessmonkey, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Restlessmonkey

Restlessmonkey New Member

Oct 20, 2015
    ...that is a cartoon channel that the kids really really want to watch.

New Roamio Pro, no problems with the exception of this channel having audio dropping and pixelation almost all the time. Issue appears when watching it live and when streaming the recording. It clears up sometimes but only for a few seconds.

What options exist to improve the signal so my kiddos don't take me out as I sleep?? What can I tell TWC while I still have one of their cable boxes in the house? Worked fine on the old cable box, btw.

Thanks

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    That channel is probably weaker than the others you are receiving for one reason or another. I would just report the issue to them as that specific channel seems to be not doing very well. In all likelihood that channel is being broadcast on an RF channel with 2 others. See if you can figure out what other channels share with it (although, since it is TWC, then it might be an SDV channel). If you can figure that out then you can report those channels as well. Another thing that you can look for is possibly too many splits leading to the Tivo. Start at the entrance and follow the cable to your Tivo taking account for any splits there are. Each splitter should be marked by the loss down each leg. A 2-way splitter will have 2 -3.5 dB legs. A 3-way 1 -3.5 dB leg and 2 -7 dB legs. If you have a lot of splits you can at least test it out temporarily to see if you get better signal by adjusting it to get a stronger signal.
    Do you have a tuning adapter? If so how is it hooked up? For example, there is an coax in and coax out on it. Many times it is better to not use the coax out and split before the tuning adapter and go into each device.

There is a bunch of ideas in what I wrote, so hopefully you can help narrow down your specific problem.

3. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Put one of the tuners on that channel and then go into the diagnostic settings on the Pro and see what the signal level is showing for that channel.