1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July 9 2018 Elementary pre-empted due to Supreme Court nominee announcement

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Thom, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    An episode of Salvation was broadcast in its place.
    Looked on Hulu and CBS All Access, but pre-empted episode not there.

stellie93, BrettStah and jth tv like this.
  2. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
  3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    wait, I'm confused -- this season's Elementary isn't on Hulu at all. (Which is a shame.. I haven't yet watched any of this season but probably would have started if they were on Hulu. I've just been letting them pile up on my Tivo so I would have skip mode, after having downloaded a couple to make space....before realizing it wasn't on Hulu).

4. Thom

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    I looked on Hulu because I was hoping the network would put the pre-empted show on Hulu so viewers could see it.

I'm going to try CBS All Access again for the same reason.

5. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    This season will probably be on Hulu next year. (CBS wants us to pay for all access)

mattack likes this.
  6. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    The episodes on CBS AA generally don't show up until at least 6-7 hours after the show airs.

7. Thom

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    And since S6E11 did not air, that probably means it won't show up on CBS AA for a week or more. It's been over 24 hours and it is not on CBS AA.

You would think putting it on CBS AA right away would be seen as an incentive for viewers to subscribe to CBS AA. If shows won't arrive on CBS AA until they have been broadcast, that lessens any incentive for free over-the-air tv viewers to subscribe.

8. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    What it comes down to this over the air TV viewer is I cancel my One Pass. Screw CBS All Access. BTW, since I have cable I am paying to watch TV.

9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    It was preempted across the network. Which means it will be shown later, not on Hulu or all access. I’d expect it to be on next week. TiVo may not keep up properly.

Also, cbs has contracts with the local channels. Those probably preclude putting shows in all access immediately. Unlike hbo, which can put things up simultaneously, cbs only owns a handful of local channels and has to play nice with them.

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    There was a statement at the beginning of the episode that "all new shows" would resume next week. I assume that means they'll show this one then: Elementary generally needs to be watched in order for the longer arcs to make sense. I don't think they can just skip it.

11. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    They won't. Especially as the episode in question is primarily focused on the story arc, according to the description.

Can we all remain calm now?

ETA: My Fios TV app shows the episode as being on Monday July 16. Tivo has not updated yet. Need to keep an eye on that.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They've adjusted the episodes, so this week's shows for next week and next week's for the week following. They haven't adjusted the repeat flag yet, so TiVo now thinks next week's showing is a rerun. In recent years, they've been pretty good about fixing that in these situations. You might want to manually record that episode to be on the safe side; I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out.

13. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I had deleted it from to do earlier in the day, so TiVo should think it is a non-rerun for me. Like I said, we need to keep an eye on this one.

14. Thom

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    I changed the One Pass to everything. Once it records the missed episode, I'll change it back.

15. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    The rescheduled episode is on my to do list to record even though I didn't stop /delete the recording at the originally scheduled time until 10 minutes into the recording.

--Carlos V.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Normally, TiVo would take that as an indication that you don't want to watch the episode and not record it ever. I'm not sure what will happen in this case. You and I should make for a good test...which of us will get it? Both? Neither?

It's...so exciting! :D

stellie93 likes this.
  17. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    The episode in question (S06E11) can be watched on amazon now.

18. Thom

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    I looked for S06E11 in Prime Video with my FireTV box, and in Prime Video on my TiVo, but no luck.

How and where did you find it?

19. TonyD79

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Really? I’ve done that before with success. And it worked this time, too.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's...bizarre. When I cancel a recording, it doesn't then keep trying to record later showings of that episode. And frankly, it would piss me off if it did...