Judge tells Kevin Trudeau what "THEY" want to know.

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

I knew he's a scumbag, but here I thought he was at least a smart, slick scumbag.

He was facing civil damages, now he gets to look at criminal charges.

"THEY" don't want you to know!

2. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    He's a ******bag.

3. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    What show is this again?

4. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Doonesbury, I think.

5. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Advertisements

Watch your TV at about 4 in the morning, you might cacth him then.

Gary Trudeau.

Or...

I see what you did there. :p

6. edc

edc Active Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Houston
    I used to really like the one with the Fake Larry King. I think it was the burned out bulbs in the US map behind them.

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    the latter. :)

8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Well, THAT'S good news! He is a shyster of the highest degree and it's way past time for him to pay.

9. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    He obviously has lotsa phools who buy the act, thus the army sending the emails. I have a neighbor who is among them. There's no fantasy in the world that couldn't have a conspiracy theory behind it.

The first thing "THEY" went after him for was credit card fraud. I guess "THEY" didn't want you to know he was honest (not!).

10. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I got to know who is buying stuff from him.

He has been kicked in the nads so many times by the FTC. I hope he ends up going to jail for whatever reason they can come up with.. He is a scourge.

11. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    [corrected]The judge cited Kevin Trudeau for contempt of court and warned him he could go to prison. He made Kevin Trudeau post a $50,000 cash bond which he has to pay today.

As it is with all these scammers, spammers and Do Not Call violators. They figure they can make the bundle of dough quick and be sunning in their private villa in Costa Rica before the FTC and the feds can really do anything. They've been right.

---

The point is Trudeau uses the FTC chasing him as the '"THEY" don't want you to know.'

Beside the stealing, some of his half-baked cures can kill people - especially if they shun conventional medicine.

12. ahartman

ahartman Space for Rent

Dec 28, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Wait... having people send emails is grounds for a contempt charge?!?

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    A "flood" of emails and texts to the judge's personal (probably) email and his blackberry?

Yes.

14. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    His is an interesting case. He is the worst of the worst, preying on the ill and uneducated and his "remedies" have no doubt killed more people than will ever be counted. He is one of the greatest snake oil salesman of all-time but unfortunately he is dangerous so he quits being funny rather quickly for me. I happened to catch one of his infomercials not long ago, it was one with "Reverend" Robert Tilton's ex-wife as hostess feeding him the nonsense questions about his books and inquiries about how the evil drug companies, the FTC and the FDA are out to get him and prevent him from providing natural remedies for many illnesses.

I am amazed our system allows him to hide behind the first amendment right to freedom of speech to fleece his victims and make his fortune. He has been stopped from selling products that do nothing but has been able to sell his books that do nothing but rip people off for years now. Some people actually believe this crook has a cure for AIDS, cancer and herpes?

Chris

15. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    You NEVER contact the judge directly. That's what court is for.

16. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    A Contempt of Court order is often a civil order and it is a bloody hammer a judge can use if he finds a party in a court proceeding has disobeyed or been disrespectful of a court or judge or the legal process. Arranging for a flood of text messages and emails to be sent to a judge is surely an act of contempt and I suspect that finding won't be overturned by an appellate court.

My hope is Mr. Trudeau ends this series of trials in jail. Criminal convictions, civil contempt findings or anything else that can get this guy back in jail where he belongs is great by me.

Chris

17. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    KT did jail time many years ago. Can't quite remember what it was for.

18. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    That was the credit card fraud.

Kevin Trudeau used to sell claptrap cures like shark cartilage.

He got into the book selling business when he got out of jail in hopes that any effort to stifle that could be overcome on free speech grounds.

19. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    That talk show hosted by Danny Bonaduce.

(Who said on his radio show that he got a Dodge Viper out of the deal.)

20. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    The awful thing about Trudeau isn't that he's a fraud. That's annoying, illegal, and bad, but not awful.

The awful thing about Trudeau is his "advice" and "cures" can lead people not to seek real treatment. Ultimately, I suspect lots of people die because of Trudeau.

How can somebody essentially agree to let people unnecessarily die to make a few bucks? That's despicable beyond belief.