JP1 Remote

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Greencat, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Greencat

Greencat New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Grand Rapids MI

Advertisements

Anyone use a JP1 remote for their Dtivo?

If so what is the Now Playing button?

What is the shift key and how well do the macros work. I would like to press one button to change the tv input & receiver input.

I'm about to give up and purchase a harmony remote. I thought the JP1 8811 remote would be fun and inexpensive but it's turning into a pain.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Macros can do whatever you want them to do. Heck, with the right equipment a macro can turn on the TiVo select a channel on the DirecTV receiver and turn on the lights.

In other words, you'll need to explain your problem in a little bit more detail. :)

And, jp1 is not a particular remote. jp1 is a way to program any number of different remotes, the 8810 being just one of them. .

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    The setup/program/magic key is shift.
    Macros work well.

You program whatever key you like to be NowPlaying. (AKA" List").

4. vdubuclet

vdubuclet New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Dallas
    I have an 8811 and though the use of a jp1 cable was able to progam it so one button push turns on the tivo, sets TV input and RCVR input. Great remote for less than $20. Look at hifi-remotes.com/forums for some further detail.

5. Greencat

Greencat New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Grand Rapids MI

Advertisements

Do you have your's programmed?

6. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Depending how much time you want to spend learning JP1 programming. In addition to standard programinng you can use extenders on the 8811 and others. when I hit my sat button the tv turns on, switches input, (can do more but that is all I need). When I hit DVD, tv on , input changes, dvd on, stereo on, stereo input changes. These are bassically macros that are connected to the device keys. Also if you have miultiple DTV units you can program them with different unit ids.