Journeyman 10/1/2007 (S01E02) "Friendly Skies"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Oct 1, 2007 #1 of 75
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It's fun predicting how the story unfolds. I knew it'd be Billy Marble he was helping at the end. And I knew the no-fly list would happen sooner or later. I really wish someone had gotten a closer look at the iPhone back in his old apartment, though.

2. Oct 1, 2007 #2 of 75
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wonder if the people he's saving fit into a bigger storyline..?

3. Oct 2, 2007 #3 of 75
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    This episode reminded me of how much I love redheads. :)

4. Oct 2, 2007 #4 of 75
    laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I forgot, which guy was Billy Marble? I was going to go back but I accidently deleted it

5. Oct 2, 2007 #5 of 75
    JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    The guy eavesdropping in the airport whom he bought coffee.

6. Oct 2, 2007 #6 of 75
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    and by the way-Mendocino isn't an hour from here-more like 3 hours.

7. Oct 2, 2007 #7 of 75
    jstack

jstack New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    At least they were driving in the right direction on the Golden Gate Bridge.

8. Oct 2, 2007 #8 of 75
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Maybe. The first kid grew to be a doctor in some third world country, this guy was a pilot flying relief aid to Darfur.

This really is like Quantum Leap without the tech.

Random comment: I liked the line "no citrus, it tends to explode for some reason."

9. Oct 2, 2007 #9 of 75
    appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I didn't get to start watching anything until late and from the six shows I recorded last night this was the one I picked to watch first. Even before Heroes :eek: (although if I had known how good Heroes was going to be I might have watched Heroes first.) I'm not saying it's my favorite show, or even my favorite new show but I really like it.

In fact I like this show so much I'm absoultely sure it'll be the first to be cancelled. The low reply count in this thread doesn't make me feel any better!

10. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I like that they recognize the difference between analog and digital cellphones... They could do a bit more on matching the cars to the timeline though, because that Crown Vic taxi which was complaining about the $20 bill was definitely not from 1995.

11. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    I liked this episode even better than the first one. There was a line near the end that got a good giggle out of me, and now I can't remember what it was.

12. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    So, did we get a reason as to why Billy Marble was so important???

And she wasn't a match...does that mean he wasn't her father after all?

I was in between doing things so I didn't give it my full attention...but did he take his old cell phone and not have the charger and go back to the past and take the charger from himself? So does that mean the reason that he didn't have the charger in the present was because he had already stolen it from himself???

13. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...
    I think that should be the reason. It'll get interesting as he starts to do things that affect his life directly. Will he even be able to remember the way things were before? Will he be the only one? Sam Beckett could remember because of Ziggy, but Dan doesn't seem to have a reason to.

Sooner or later this show is going to have to deal with paradoxes.

14. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Maybe they all end up on some mysterious Island with smoke monsters or something.......

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    He went on to fly relief aid in Darfur or something.

Being a direct blood relative still doesn't guarantee being a marrow match.

Yes.

The reason he didn't have the charger before he leaped was because his wife had sold it at a garage sale.

And that might still be the case even after he went back in time and "stole" his own charger (hmmmm, OJ should have tried that instead :p), since presumably back when the charger got stolen his past-self would have gotten a replacement and the wife could have sold that one.

I wonder if he has the memories of the things he does to himself in the past.

16. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    If I were him, I would TOTALLY test it. I'd like call myself up and tell myself something...like the winning lotto numbers or something. As far as I can tell, he hasn't been given any rules on personal gain from his travels.

But I would wonder if such changes would create a butterfly effect where any time he changes things in his own life his brain gets flooded with new memories and starts to overflow or something.

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The next time I leaped into the 80's I'd go open a brokerage account and load up on Microsoft stock. :)

18. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    I was about to post the same thing. But set it up in a trust or something that he isn't notified about until Jan 1, 2008, so as to avoid changing the past.

19. TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...
    This is apparently all leading up to George Clooney showing up as a guest star during sweeps week.

By the way, I think I'd try going to eBay first to find a cell phone charger before I start stealing from myself.

20. needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I want to like this show. I want to keep the SP. But I can't hear many lines of dialog because the ambient noise/music is pumped too high and the voices are pumped too low. For me dialog is the most important part of any show or movie. The exact same thing happened with the pilot. It's really disheartening.