John From Cincinnati...should I continue?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MegaHertz67, Aug 13, 2007.

1. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I loved the first two episodes...I don't mind questions without answers if they are interesting questions. But I am now through 5 episodes, and "Day 5" had so many WTF moments that I have lost all momentum. Should I keep going...does it get better?

The thing that keeps me struggling through days 4 and 5 is that the cast is great and the writing is interesting, but the story has gone nowhere since they ran out of the hospital.

I have days 6-9 recorded, how many more are there? If this is the whole season, I'll finish it off, but if there are 10 more episodes I'll need convincing to continue.

2. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Last night was the finale. Word is that there will be no second season.

Bring back Deadwood!!!

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Just watch the whole thing. It's pretty fun overall, even if it's maddening at times for the complete lack of apparent purpose.

4. Chibbie

Chibbie New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lexington, KY
    I agree, you should stick with it. There are definitely more developments after they leave the hospital.

"Day 9" is the season finale. There are ten episodes total.

The next episode - "His Visit: Day Five" - has a pretty interesting scene, and based on TCF comments, seemed to be one of the favorite scenes of the show. (you'll know it when you see it.)

It will help as you watch the show to read the episode summaries and "inside the episode" at HBO.com.

5. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I am no more understanding now than when the show premiered. But I enjoyed the ride. The characters are interesting, the dialog is great, the story ... different. I'm glad I watched; I think you will be too.

6. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Meh, I have up after episode three. Just seemed like there was no point. YMMV.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    This show is like a Jackson Pollock painting. I see a bunch of paint haphazardly splattered on canvas with no purpose. Others see art. I laugh at them.