Jimmy Fallon virus!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bklockhart, Jan 6, 2010.

1. bklockhart

bklockhart New Member

Dec 10, 2006

Advertisements

Here's a puzzler. Even TiVo support gurus can't figure it out. My 1-month old unit started to record all episodes of Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon even though I had given it 3 thumbs down:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. Support went through the obvious checklist making sure I had turned off TiVo suggestions, had nothing related on my Wishlist, etc. Basically they offered me to swap out the machine if it kept up. I'm trying to avoid that hassle if I can.....
    It's not a huge deal but it is annoying having to go to the 'To Do' list and delete all the upcoming shows every few days. Has anyone out there in the community ever heard of such a weird glitch? It's like a Jimmy Fallon virus! :eek:

Here's a screen shot of my Recording History that shows the story.

Attached Files:

2. mdl_77

mdl_77 New Member

Nov 10, 2006
    The LNJF virus, huh? Could be worse... like a Golden Girls virus. My suggestion, just watch Jimmy... its awesome.

3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    never had this puzzler but instead of having to do all that manual maintenance setup a wishlist/season pass for the show and then set it "Keep at most 1" and "Keep until I delete"
    that should stop it scheduling any more recordings

4. dbenrosen

dbenrosen New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    New Jersey
    Could you possibly have a Wishlist that is catching this show accidentally? Possibly something changed in the description some keyword was added to the show that matches some Wishlist you had previously created?

5. eziemann

eziemann Member

Jun 8, 2005
    WI

Advertisements

Do you happen to have a "Technology by CNet" guru guide?
    http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/mix/info.do?mixId=tivo:mx.1002181
    I am pretty sure I have that enabled on my Tivo and it picks up most Jimmy Fallon shows.

6. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Too sleepy for TV...

Dec 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Yeah, I think eziemann's got it. I once started getting all sorts of weird recordings that weren't showing up in any wishlists or any season pass, and I didn't have suggestions turned on -- but there they were in the to-do list. A rogue guru guide that I had forgotten I had even set up was to blame.

7. bklockhart

bklockhart New Member

Dec 10, 2006
    I do! I'll remove that and see if it works. Thanks for the sleuthing!.....Back now and it worked like a charm. 'Tech by CNet' guru guide was inexplicably adding all of the Fallon shows along with 'NUMBE3RS'...Weird glitch solved. Thanks again.