Jerky video with new 8.1.7c2 update?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bdlucas, Sep 7, 2007.

1. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    The new 8.1.7c2 update for TiVo HD seems to have fixed the pixelation problems (thanks TiVo!) but it may have introduced a new problem.

The US Open tennis coverage seems to occasionally drop into a "jerky video" mode. It looks like the framerate is greatly reduced. Pausing momentarily fixes it - when you come back out of pause the framerate is normal again. I've seen it on both the UHD and CBS coverage.

I haven't yet seen it on any other programming but the US Open tennis, so it might be related to the source material. On the other hand I haven't been watching much else since the update so maybe it does occur on other programming and I just haven't seen it. I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening before the 8.1.7c2 update however.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    I have seen this on 2 occasions .. however I'm not sure if the first one was before or after "c2" ..

Its a rather weird way to watch something. When it happened today, I was able to pause, and then play and it played smoothly.

3. randymac88

randymac88 Member

Feb 29, 2004
    It happened to me when I was watching the mets game. It was when I had just come out of fast-forwarding through some commercials (hehe...after all these years, still makes me laugh).

I hit replay (3 seconds back) and it was gone. Don't know what it was about, hope it's not a sign of trouble on the horizon. Will find out.

4. zend

zend New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Seattle
    I had the same behavior on the UHD coverage of the US Open multiple times across multiple days prior to the upgrade. I haven't seen this occur on any other shows.