Jericho - Oversight

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Mar 4, 2008 #1 of 52
    Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS

Advertisements

I'm enjoying this show so very much now!! I sure wish they had done more than 7 episodes.

The administrator has some vendetta going against Jericho and I wonder why he stole the money, at least to me it's clear he stole the money.

2. Mar 5, 2008 #2 of 52
    Gai-jin

Gai-jin Active Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Quad City...
    Same here. I would love to have a full season, and many more after this one. Unfortunately, I think 3 more is all we're going to get.

3. Mar 5, 2008 #3 of 52
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think it's as simple as, he's a thieving $%#&.

I suspect that will be his downfall. They indicated in this episode that thieving $%#&s tend not to be well-received at J&R, at least when they're stealing FROM J&R. Jericho will get rid of him not by getting rid of him, but by letting J&R know what he's up to. Perhaps the last time we see him will be when he's carried away in the Humvee to the J&R prison like the kid was this week...

As for the administrator's vendetta, we know the source of that from last season.

4. Mar 5, 2008 #4 of 52
    ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I agree this seemed to be the setup for the administrator's downfall. If they leave him in the show "permanently" the continuous moral and ethical conflicts between him and the Major, the J&R blonde and Jake will get old real fast. And I'm not sure how they could resolve any future relationship between him and Dale (whose extraction from incarceration was just a little too pat for my taste - in fact, so was that whole mini-sub-plot). They need to move him out and get Daniel Benzalli's character more involved.

5. Mar 5, 2008 #5 of 52
    Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI

Advertisements

I promise I'm not a spoiler Nazi but this thread really needs to indicate that there will be spoilers inside.

I disagree that the money issue is going to bring him down. I think his downfall will be the action he took against Mimi and Bonnie in trying to track down the ledger. There was no reason for him to advance by force trying to track something down like that - even if he claims there was - and killing Bonnie is not going to go over well.

And if the previews are any indication, a standoff at the hospital isn't going to be a great way to prove your innocence to the military commander, who has to come in at some point.

That said, the attack on Bonnie and Mimi really rubbed me the wrong way. It's like they're trying to show that the Ravenwood guy has absolutely no humanity, and that had pretty much been well established before they killed off a halfway-decent character.

6. Mar 5, 2008 #6 of 52
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Another good episode, but I have this bad feeling that they're getting deeper into the story rather than slowly tying things up. Seems like if the finale actually resolves everything, it will be done quickly and sloppily, which I'm not going to be happy about.

7. Mar 5, 2008 #7 of 52
    Gai-jin

Gai-jin Active Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Quad City...

Yeah, but they went to such lengths in a previous episode to point out that J&R is completely above the law, and killing innocents is without repercussion when you work for J&R. They also pointed out this episode how harshly J&R views embezling.

8. Mar 5, 2008 #8 of 52
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I was sad to see Bonnie die but at least she took out 3 of those SOB's first!

9. Mar 5, 2008 #9 of 52
    Gai-jin

Gai-jin Active Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Quad City...
    was it only 3?

10. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Maybe 4? She kind of went Rambo before she died.

11. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    If she had to go out, that's the best way for her to go!!

12. teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore
    This show has me intrigued. But not sure if I really like it. But I keep coming back to see what happens.

Now I do realize it is now about the cover up but was $10,000 worth shooting Mimi and bringing out "Badass" Bonnie and then killing her?

Maybe this means she is going back to Weeds.:up:

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I don't think it was about the $10,000; it was about his life, which he will apparently lose if and when J&R find out about it.

He needed to recover the evidence and eliminate the witness. He failed.

And again, I don't think it's the good people of Jericho who will eliminate the DB Sweeney problem. It's J&R.

14. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Active Member

Oct 6, 2003
    It looks promising that Jericho is going to be renewed for a third season.
    The preview for next weeks show said 3 more episodes left this season.
    The CBS official message board is going crazy over this hint. Also for those that may want access to a special preview to next weeks show here is a link to a hidden Jericho page. Note page not yet updated to next weeks preview.

Jericho
    User ID: rangers
    Password: jerichonuts

15. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I hope your right about it coming back for a 3rd season!

16. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    No, it means that CBS hasn't decided yet whether or not to renew.

17. teknikel

teknikel Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Baltimore
    But $10K seems like such a small amount to take in the first place. I guess it could be a monthly thing but it just seems plain stupid to do in the first place. There would seem to be better ways to get that money than directly from the books, like through businesses in town.

18. GadgetFreak

GadgetFreak New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Anyone know what the morse code was for this week (or last week)??

19. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm terribly saddened and shocked by Bonnie's death. A big :( from me.

Absolutely still love the show though! :)

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That's not a hint at all. That's just stating facts. What else are they supposed to say? Do you really expect them to say "Three more episodes in the series" when they haven't officially announced it is being canceled? But it sure doesn't mean that they're hinting at renewal.