Jeopardy S36 E01 in SF Bay Area (09Sep2019)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Mahty, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Sep 6, 2019 #1 of 11
    Mahty

Mahty Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Same situation as last year: local ABC affiliate will not show the season-opening episode of Jeopardy in order to show the Oakland Raiders game on Monday Night Football game.

2. Sep 7, 2019 #2 of 11
    KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    KGO has been known to air J! and Wheel of Fortune in the wee hours of the latenight/morning after such a preemption, but the guide has always been inaccurate as to the timeslots. Thank you for the reminder to manually cover the spread.

3. Sep 9, 2019 #3 of 11
    KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    follow-up: I just watched the crawl on ABC7 (KGO) which acknowledges that tonight's season premieres of Jeopardy! and "Wheel of Fortune" are being preempted BUT will air tomorrow night in their regular timeslots. They expressly say "No new episodes will be missed." Does this mean our entire season will be one day late? Or will they air a catch-up later in the week??

4. lambertman

lambertman LIVE! On tape

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    KGO listings show new eps of Wheel and J! on from 8:30-9:30 Saturday night, so those should be the Friday episodes.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, since I complain I get emails.. I asked a followup question and yeah, it'll go onto saturday this week.

But TONIGHT you may miss it. There WAS an original airing scheduled for 7pm, but now it's at 9PM.. I have BOTH set to record, with huge padding on both ends.. (well the Tivo UI only lets you start 10 mins early, so I didn't set another manual recording before that)

and the episode NUMBERS are completely messed up.. so manually record and/or include reruns.. but especially the not-in-normal timeslot ones, add a lot of padding. I think the most I've seen it air in the past year or so (when it wasn't entirely preempted) was about 45 minutes late. I do remember missing one episode because of not re-checking my email and thinking the guide data was right.

Even though I was MONTHS behind in the past, I did catch up.. and I would pay a very small amount a year (what, $20?) to have Jeopardy, one of my favorite shows, legit online.. heck, if it were essentially a micro-transaction, I'd pay per episode (and thus only pay for the preempted/wrong timeslot ones).

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tonight's J! episode is in my guide at 9PM.

7. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    which is what I said? The 7pm one eventually disappeared (and wasn't recorded because it "disappeared from the guide".. I thought I had single-checkmarked it). I ended up getting the whole episode in my loooong recording, though it started way late.

8. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    9/13 Friday's J! is at its usual time.

9. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    ...but my TiVo says 8:30pm is "Localish", with J! at 9pm and Wheel from 9:30-10pm on Saturday. Obviously I would trust KGO and am making multiple manual recordings to choose from.

10. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I am seeing the same... due to football (4:30-8:00).

11. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I misremembered, it actually wasn't way late.