Jeopardy! duplicate airings, can't stop duplicates...

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by drweb, Nov 9, 2020.

1. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California

Advertisements

On Bolt, I have had a one pass for Jeopardy! forever :). It recorded it on our local CBS station on chanel 1008 at 7:00p.m. each weeknight. I sometimes recorded a Saturday repeat older airing.

Now, the listing for local channel 8 CBS included two (2) listings each weekday for Jeopardy! --one at 3:30-4:00pm MARKED NEW and 7:00-7:30pm MARKED NEW. I don't want to the early one, only the regular one in the evening as a ONE PASS. I've tried every thing I can think of to fix it.. cancel ONE PASS, start over, same thing; try not to record new only, etc., same thing; try to start only with current season 37, same thing.

Can I contact the station to see why they are sending in two listings? Any other way to fix this?

Best,
    DrWeb​

2. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Can't you just go into the to do list and delete one recording?

3. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    It's not ideal, but if the guide data is full of lies, you can resort to a weekday recording by time/channel instead of the one pass. If only as a temporary fix while you try to figure out if reporting it as a lineup problem looks possible.

4. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California
    It has two weeks of duplicate listings.. every week I have removed the dupes, and then the next week, same thing.. would like a better fix... it's not one recording.. it's 14 every two weeks.

5. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California

Advertisements

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that.. I rely mostly on ONE PASS.. but worth doing. Thanks...

6. dnorth12

dnorth12 Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Mesquite Nevada
    I have had the exact same issue. I deleted the one pass and created a manual recording for the 7:00 time slot. You might want to start it 1 minute early if your station is like my station where it starts about 30 seconds early.

7. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California
    I have done this too, and it's a good solution for overkill (dupes) in the guide listings. I do normal one passes at 1 min early start and 1 min late end, so i did that on the manual recordings, too.. Happy camper.. now.. we miss Alex (RIP), but Jeopardy! is part of our family evening ritual over dinner.. thanks for your help!