Jekyll BBC (UK) - Ep 5 07/21/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dianebrat, Jul 23, 2007.

1. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I've been quietly watching this series, and so far the first three episodes had me thinking "this isn't bad, I could enjoy this"

Then we hit episodes 4 and 5, and with 5, wow..
    quite simply.. wow.

Next week they end it with the 6th episode, so far all written by Steven Moffat.

This is what the BBC does better then any US network, they see a series as a self contained entity, and carry it through at the same caliber all the way through with no break. Sometimes it's hit or miss ala Torchwood, but this time, well let me go back a few lines.. wow.. This is a must have DVD purchase if it comes to the US unedited and with commentaries, I already want more of the story.

ok I'm done waxing for a bit

Diane

2. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    I'm also enjoying it quite a bit, and James Nesbitt does an excellent job in his dual role. Loved the line about Spencer Tracy (who played Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde way back in 1941). Can't wait for the conclusion next week...

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I loved so many of the episode 5 developments,
    • Claire's "dream"
    • Hyde's growing relationship with the family
    • The "secret" to the potion
    • London's "power issue"
    • The flashbacks to 1886

I had thought Robin Hood was good filler from the BBC, (and I enjoyed it) but this takes the level up much higher.

Diane

4. Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    I was surprised there wasn't more buzz about this series on this board, it's been one of my favorite programs this summer. I was patiently waiting for the 5 episode to turn up on EasyNews until I gave up and went with BT. Same content but faster download.

Sad to see it end this Saturday.

5. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Keep an eye on Michelle Ryan who plays Jackman's assistant Katherine Reimer. She will play Jamie Sommers in the new Bionic Woman show.

6. tgmii

tgmii Member

Feb 21, 2002
    New Jersey
    Really amazing series. I figured I'd give it a try, and was on the edge of my seat most of the time.

Great acting, great storytelling. Nice to see Claire in a different type of role than Coupling (which I also thought was great!)

Tom